Skip to main content
Topic: Looking for some door lock actuators (Read 842 times) previous topic - next topic

Looking for some door lock actuators

OK.  It FINALLY happened.  The passenger side door lock actuator for my Cougar finally took a dump.  The driver side went a few years ago.  I've replaced it with an NOS Ford piece and subsequently TWO (yes TWO) more units from late model.  None of these 3 lasted longer than 18 months....The Ford unit was $130 disappointment most likely 'cause it's farmed out and not made by the same manufacturer as when these cars were new.....

Anyway if anyone has a set of the actuators laying around known to be good and in good shape, gimme a PM.  I'm sick of buying  that's new yet unreliable and overpriced and before I pull the pin on another set from Late Model, I wanna see if I can get some good used ones....
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #1
I have some good ones from an 88 TC that I'll ship, both for $40 total.

Reply #2
.  Just saw this....

Still got them?
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #3
I may have some squirreled away in my parts stash. Let me check when I get home tonight.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #4
not to thread jack, but once v8demon gets sorted out I could use a set also :) thanks!!

Reply #5
I have one NOS one that I've Ben holding

It's a fox mustang one I'm sure there the same though

Reply #6
Quote from: thunderjet302;430084
I may have some squirreled away in my parts stash. Let me check when I get home tonight.

Turns out I don't have any spares :hick:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #7
No sweat.  I found one in mine!

Reply #8
I have a pair I just pulled from my old '89 Hatch 'Stang daily driver I'm parting out if anyone still needs a set.
88 TC 5speed, 168000+ miles, stock 2.3T long block, ported RFE6 exhaust, Evergreen T3 running 15#'s.
Up next: FMIC, fresh air intake, ported intakes, ported big valve head.

Reply #9
Is the rod going into the actuator itself the same?  If so, I'll take them.

Reply #10
Demon, all the Ford lock actuators I have pulled and personally seen use a corkscrew style screw in end. If you have your old actuators, you could just swap the ends over to the replacement actuator.
88 TC 5speed, 168000+ miles, stock 2.3T long block, ported RFE6 exhaust, Evergreen T3 running 15#'s.
Up next: FMIC, fresh air intake, ported intakes, ported big valve head.

Reply #11
Quote from: jangus;431564
Demon, all the Ford lock actuators I have pulled and personally seen use a corkscrew style screw in end. If you have your old actuators, you could just swap the ends over to the replacement actuator.

Never noticed that.  Makes sense though.  Cost effective for a manufacturer. 
If you still have that set PM me and we'll set something up  ;)