Skip to main content
Topic: Craiglist Find (Read 2054 times) previous topic - next topic

Craiglist Find

Well, after working with my son (RingoSC) to purchase his first TC, I started cruising the ebay and craigslist market looking for the needed items that we knew the car would need or that we wanted for it.  Specifically, I was cruising looking for rust free parts.  Since we purchased a Midwest car it has the typical Midwest issues associated with the ugly salt monster.  My paint guy is looking for us to tell him when we are ready for him, so it is just a matter of time and effort I think.  I considered this all a great find since especially after the fact I realize now that the parts I picked up were literally salvaged from the s pile since the owner is out of the fox body scene for several years now and is cleaning things out.  The car itself has was purchased from someone who had already started to pull it apart.  He had intended for a v-8 to go into it but it still has the 2.3T engine in it.  The head is blown on it but the auto trans works just fine with no slipping. It has mild front end frame damage and I think he realized it after he started to pull it apart.    He thought it not worthy of continuing to fix it.  So here it is, for $900 I purchased all of the following.
XXX

Go Fast the first time.  The tickets the same.
86 Thunderbird 5.0.  All original good weather driver. Tbird Reg #53035
86 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather driver.  Tbird Reg # 58555
87 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather daily driver.  Tbird Reg # 64647

More Parts pics

Reply #1
XXX

More Parts Pics

Reply #2
Three boxes of misc. parts including 1 full set of tail lights, a single tail light, not sure which side, full front lighting.  Not in the greatest of shape but usable if needed.  6 snowflakes 2 with tires attached.  a center counsel, exhaust manifold plus many more electronics that at this point I'm not sure what all of them are.  I am sure later on I will be looking for help to identify any of the electronics modules.  X

Craiglist Find

Reply #3
thats a good haul.  I need a front left fender:cool:

The Car, an 88 TC

Reply #4
Great body for the most part.  Rear quarters are beautiful condition.  Both doors rust free with all working motors.  Front fenders are a little less than desirable, front clip OK,  Lighting ok,  Hood is in great shape,  just has one of the TC louvers broken.  Beautiful blue fabric interior in great condition,  most remaining components of the car are in good condition.  Car originally came out of southern MO last year.  XXX

More of the car

Reply #5
XXX

More yet

Reply #6
wires wires everywhere.XXX

Interior

Reply #7
Only has 108,000 on the motor.  Good blue interior.  I won't be needing that so if someone needs a good one let me know.  Drivers door panel has a broken pull on it.  XXX

Snow Flake Trial.

Reply #8
After seeing the snowflakes, which I have always liked since the cars first came out, I couldn't resist putting the two with tires on my 86.  Guess I couldn't help myself.  I believe I will get them refinished and put them on all four corners. XX

Thanks for looking

Reply #9
Thanks for looking and listening once again.  My son has already raided the parts stash and took possession of that trunk deck and spoiler.  Must admit it is a great look on the car.  Gives me an idea of what we are looking at for a final project.  He stripped the dashboard from my 86 parts car, the original project car, and removed the undamaged dash for a replacement to cracked one.  He touched up the color on it already as well.  We must keep reminding ourselves though that its One piece, one day at a time.  That's how this project will take place.  The Black 88 will make an excellent donor car for our project.  It's already in the works for her to give up her rear quarter panels to us.  Most likely the doors as well.  I probably have extra's of many things, including a 2.3 T engine and trans that I'm sure someone will be able to work back to life.    We'll just have to wait and see.  I look forward to the answers to the many questions that I'm sure one or both of us will be asking as this project starts to unfold.  Please follow us if you like under his posting "first 88 T/C"

http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?36541-first-88-T-C

Comments are welcome please.

XX

Craiglist Find

Reply #10
Quote from: beast50;423108
thats a good haul.  I need a front left fender:cool:

Let me catch my bearings and figure what we will not be using and I'll let you know.  We are close enough to each other.

Craiglist Find

Reply #11
Good god John you guys got a hell of a score there. I need more info on the blue interior, I'm in need of a couple pieces.

Craiglist Find

Reply #12
Quote from: My10-80;423115
Let me catch my bearings and figure what we will not be using and I'll let you know.  We are close enough to each other.

Cool! Thank you.

Craiglist Find

Reply #13
Quote from: Tbird-fanatic;423120
Good god John you guys got a hell of a score there. I need more info on the blue interior, I'm in need of a couple pieces.

I can tell you it doesn't smell like mice.  Any luck getting that odor out?

Craiglist Find

Reply #14
Quote from: My10-80;423146
I can tell you it doesn't smell like mice.  Any luck getting that odor out?

Out of the interior pieces yes, out of the car itself, not yet. I think Im still missing something somewhere.