Skip to main content
Topic: new guy here (Read 5262 times) previous topic - next topic

new guy here

been lurking a while so I figured I would register!!

I have had several birds, started with '77 for my first car in '85 then I have had-  '85 t-coupe,'86 t-coupe auto, 2 '87 t-coupes,'88 t-coupe,'89 SC 5 speed, '90 auto SC, '94 SC auto.

my current ride is a '87 5 speed.........

morning shot before we left for mustang week at Myrtle Beach NC this year, the hood and header panel are from a t-bird I had in '01, the P.O. had this car under a tree and a limb fell on it in early '01, I finally got it from him in august of '12 and had to put the hood and header on it my self..... go figure....

so needless to say its at the paint shop as we speak,

hopefully it will be home in a week or 3 and be safe and sound........... and smooth and 1 color....lol.....:D

new guy here

Reply #1
What color are you painting it ?

new guy here

Reply #2
back factory color, I had a poll on southeastern fox bodies(http://www.sefb.net) and the factory color won out by 2-3 votes over silver....... kinda like it with the FR's on it.....

new guy here

Reply #3
Nice car. Mine is in for paint as well. I went with a totally non factory color, but will look like the factory could've done it. You look as though you have a great platform to build on.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

new guy here

Reply #4
Hi and welcome!

I look forward to the completed photos. :)
...and there was light!

new guy here

Reply #5
looks great on those wheels, nice height too.
83 Thunderbird Heritage - Right Hand Drive
95 Falcon GLi

new guy here

Reply #6
Thanks all, after paint I'll be doing a turbo'd 5.0L and a T-56 as well and then I'll be done.....I think......lol....

new guy here

Reply #7
Welcome, It never ends.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

new guy here

Reply #8
You got that right......

new guy here

Reply #9
I know, I been lazy about putting pics up.....and yes, I did tell him to take his time, but I miss my 'bird something bad!!!!!

and he gave me a sneak peek from the booth today!!!  before clear......

new guy here

Reply #10
more progress.

new guy here

Reply #11
Looking good!
...and there was light!

new guy here

Reply #12
Wow.  I went to Mustang week last year as well.  In fact, I was sitting in the grass at the mall, and I saw your car drive directly passed me.  I began to go crazy because I saw one of my own kind! Haha.  You may have saw a 17 year old jump up and down with excitement.  I admired your car and was hoping to see it again, so I'm glad you joined the forum! Welcome!
'88 Thunderbird LX
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Engine:  FR B303 cam, GT40P heads w/ Trickflow valve springs, Explorer upper/lower intake, SR cold air intake w/ MAF
Exhaust:  shorty headers, BBK O-R X-pipe, glasspacks w/ turn downs
Misc:  8.8 rear, Saleen SC replicas 17x8/17x10, Mach 1 front springs/SN95 rear springs
&
'74 F100 Custom 351W

new guy here

Reply #13
Yea, I stay 45 minutes from Myrtle Beach so I'm there every year, and should be there this year maybe with all 3 if I can get the wife to drive the hatch...  flag me down next time so I can meet ya! Always good to meet a fellow t-bird fan!!

new guy here

Reply #14
I will post up some outside shots tomorrow, I'll be going up to help get it out the booth and back together......so about 12 eastern I'll try to post some pics up!  Man I'm stoked....