Skip to main content
Topic: just a little ole random thought for a few of you. (Read 2801 times) previous topic - next topic

just a little ole random thought for a few of you.

I've been away from here a little bit, for reasons of my own. I'm not pissed off at such 'n such, or having a meltdown. I just have some shiznit going on that I need to get clear of. I've still got my Sport, and those 3 ed Must Stinks that I can't seem to stay focused on for more than 2 hours a month.

It's farming season around here, and I'm trying to patch up things a bit my dad, as we've never been very good "friends" so to speak.
I just..think I've made a little bit of some changes. I'm well into my mid 30's and while I once thought I knew a lot, now I realize I'm more in the dark than I ever dreamed I could be.

The aches and pains are worse now, I have a hard time sleeping at night, but so far I've resisted the urge to medicate myself to "help" the issues.
I've started to cut down on soda and by the end of the summer I'll be working out, and jogging to get in better shape.
Believe me when I say it's easier to STAY in shape than to GET in shape, no doubt a few of you guys know just what I mean.

I also see some drama, but didn't get too caught up in it. I seriously think I'm a little tired of it, even though at one point I probably put my fair share of it up for all the world to see.

Y'all have my vote to clean house as needed, not that my opinion counts.

Anyway, this place is a good place, and it needs to stay that way.

Rock on, or something like it. ;):bowdown:
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #1
I feel ya. I'm getting older, fatter, more achey, all that stuff. I come here to live vicariously through other peoples projects in hopes it will motivate me to do my own. I even look at my own old threads and envy the energy I used to have, lol.

I just ignore the people who get on my nerves. Life's too short. I have enough real-life drama to be caught up in cyber drama.
CoogarXR : 1985 Cougar XR-7

Reply #2
i think i will let eveyone know what i think,,opps, well,, the edited version.............

I THINK,,,,,,,,,all this complaining is for no good reason.

the puffs plus with lotion is in aisle 3.

Reply #3
I too am starting to feel the affects of getting older, pushing 30 myself aches and pains plus a family on top of that.  Working in a stone quarry for the last 4 years has done a toll on me.  Again the drama here is starting to be too much for me and I've been staying away focusing on my own  but the friends I've made here will always be my friends.

Reply #4
i have no pains or aches, 
I eat all i want and will never be over 165
I will probably eat my words now that ive called the universe down on me so perhaps this is my last post  LOL

Reply #5
Quote from: jcassity;415248
i think i will let eveyone know what i think,,opps, well,, the edited version.............

the puff plus with lotion is in aisle 3.

:laughing:  :laughing:

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #6
Quote from: jcassity;415248

the puff plus with lotion is in aisle 3.

:laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing: 
jcassity, 
you are just way to dayumned:evilgrin: phunny!!!

But you are absolutely correct.

"Everything the Power of the World does is done in a circle." ~ Black Elk, Oglala Lakota Holy MaWikiquote

Reply #8
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;415222
I'm well into my mid 30's...

Hey, you are just a baby!  ...Well, compared to some of us here, anyway!!!

Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;415222
...and while I once thought I knew a lot, now I realize I'm more in the dark than I ever dreamed I could be.

It's called "maturing". Ain't gettin' OLD just a kick in the...well, you know... :punchballs: 
"Everything the Power of the World does is done in a circle." ~ Black Elk, Oglala Lakota Holy MaWikiquote

Reply #9
Quote from: TheFoeYouKnow;415359
Wow, html much?

What? So?
It's there to USE isn't it???
Why not have some FUN with it???

Reply #10
Quote from: 88CabernetKitty;415362
It's there to USE isn't it???
Why not have some FUN with it???[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

oh boy,,, well,, umm,,,

kinda reminds me of the time driving down the road and we see one of these big 10' x 20' american flags flying strong with all the wind.

the wife says,,,,, and i quote

"WOW, it must take a lot to get that big thing up"

Reply #11
HTML is like a thong; just because you can, doesn't necessarily mean that you should.  Please don't ask me to provide examples, as it may cause me to lose friends here.  It's all fun and games til someone looses their mind.

Reply #12
We're all old. http://www.aaronfyke.com/2012/07/math-of-turning-40.html

I've seen others compare values showing that our perceived life is halfway over closer to 10 years, but then others that drop the first few years from calculations, since people generally can't remember that time. Then there are the scientific versions of this, which talk about the brain, and how people with different (physical) mental states perceive time differently. The conclusion - my theory of life being "halfway over" at 18 is close enough to the 17-20 year old range that seems to pop up. Now THAT is a depressing thought about getting old :p

So far so good as I approach 30, but I do know that our bodies pretty much stop improving/growing between the age of 20 and 25, where it reaches a plataea , then begins to wear down. Oh, the thoughts of what's to come.

How do we live longer? Stop sitting around. Activity makes time pass slower, and keeps us healthier. A 2-hour movie may start and be over in a flash, and we're typically sitting around lazily. Going out with family, friends, animals, kids seems to help perception as a day lasting longer, and keeps us healthier. That is how I see things anyway. The bad news? Working on the car also seems to make an evening or day pass quickly.
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #13
Seek, you nailed it, dead on.

I don't want to age gracefully and go away when it's convenient for "them". I want to kick ass and raise hell till they throw dirt on my arse.

Oh yeah...html isn't allowed here..? LOL.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #14
I turned 26 this year and feel old ;).

other then my wrist occasionally bugging me, I have no aches or pains yet...

my wrist I hit on a ground rod I was knocking.in when a hammer head broke off on a full power swing. somehow I ended up.contacting my wrist. think its gonna bug me a lot when I get older. sometimes when gripping a hammer it likes to lock up for a.second or two.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com