Skip to main content
Topic: Mineral gray, or Grabber Blue? (Read 4636 times) previous topic - next topic

Mineral gray, or Grabber Blue?

Reply #15
With the mods you are talking about I think Mineral Gray would really give it the pissed off, aggressive look. It will be a lot more subtle than Grabber Blue which is an attention getter. People will notice the sound and sleekness of the Gray.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #16
After thinking about it the current shade of Grabber Blue might be too bright. This is the '12 Mustang the day we bought it. Even on an overcast day it was stupid bright. The mineral gray is, in my opinion, going to look much better on your Thunderbird.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #17
My old Torino Vert had a custom Medium Mettalic Blue color and was silver or blue depending on the light.  I could get you the paint code.....A bird would look sweet in that color.

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Reply #18
Quote from: thunderjet302;413392
After thinking about it the current shade of Grabber Blue might be too bright. This is the '12 Mustang the day we bought it. Even on an overcast day it was stupid bright. The mineral gray is, in my opinion, going to look much better on your Thunderbird.

Did they go back to grabber or is the new stangs still azure blue lol same color none the less

I'm liking the gray on the bird it's almost the same color on my 01 silverado

Reply #19
Quote from: STANG8U;413408
Did they go back to grabber or is the new stangs still azure blue lol same color none the less

I'm liking the gray on the bird it's almost the same color on my 01 silverado

The paint color is called Grabber Blue. It's supposed to be the same as the color on the 69-70 Mustangs. It's available on the '10 and up Mustang.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #20
Yea they painted the 04 Mach azure and its basically the same color

Reply #21
I'm pretty unoriginal when it comes to things like this...I think the Grabber Blue looks hot as hell though.

Do you really think so ????????????

Just a thought SONIC BLUE IF YOU LIKE BLUE> JUST ME
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

Reply #22
Yea that's a awesome color to

Reply #23
Quote from: Cougars 2 go;413271
Grabber blue if you will be doing a lot of customization.  Mineral gray if you are keeping it mostly stock.

If going the highly customized route, I'd consider matching grabber blue wheels.  At least photo shop a set to see how it looks.
"lol.. because not too many people care for that style of car"
[size=-2]Click on paw print \/[/size]

Reply #24
How about a blend?

X

2012 Silverado in Blue Granite.
AWESOME color in person. Would love to see that on a 'Bird or Cat...

Reply #25
That's a good color .... I like the color of my silverado to

Reply #26
A new silverado came into the shop last week in that blue granite color. Beautiful color, looks killer out in the sunlight.

I gotta agree with the people who said to pick something different than what everyone else has their car painted in. Do you really want a car that looks exactly like everyone else's? I ventured into Chevy paint code territory with my Bird (Fathom Green Metallic) because I wanted to be unique, a stand out amongst a sea of Black and Red cars, and didn't give any shags whatsoever about what the Ford Purist/Chevy hater crowd had to say. The color is an attention getter in the sunlight, and a dark stealth coating at night, blending in with the surroundings quite well. That is what I wanted from my paintjob/color choice, and I found it in a Chevy paint code of all places. BMW and Mercedes have some awesome/beautiful factory paint colors as well, which are worth considering. There is no need to pigeon hole yourself here because of opinions.

Reply #27
A lot of the newer cars have awesome paint colors

Nothing wrong with being different

Reply #28
Quote from: EricCoolCats;413508
How about a blend?

X

Hhhhhhiiiisssssssss (like from my wife's cat) LOL JK  I do like that color so long as I don't have to try to match it.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #29
Quote from: EricCoolCats;413508
How about a blend?

X

I like that. To me the grey is boring and the grabber blue is just too loud. This is a nice medium.