Skip to main content
Topic: Mustang driveshadt????? (Read 2068 times) previous topic - next topic

Mustang driveshadt?????

same as the tbird? i would assume so just wanna make sure before i order. THANKS

Mustang driveshadt?????

Reply #1
Idk the bird has a longer wheel base I think no ?

If so there are aftermarket spacer but none to thick

If they are the same you can go to the jy pull a aluminum off a exsploder Chang the yoke and call it a day

Mustang driveshadt?????

Reply #2
I think for the 5.0's they are the same
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mustang driveshadt?????

Reply #3
A Mustang shaft won't fit due to Thunderbirds/Cougars having a longer wheel base.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Mustang driveshadt?????

Reply #4
That's what I was thinking

Mustang driveshadt?????

Reply #5
Quote from: thunderjet302;408081
A Mustang shaft won't fit due to Thunderbirds/Cougars having a longer wheel base.

....what he said.....I totally rebuilt a Stang shaft and discovered the ''short coming'' when I went to install it.....duh.  :punchballs:
84 COUGAR/90 HO, 1.7RRs, performer RPM,700DP, equal length shorties, stainless EXH ,T-5,Hurst pro-billet, KC clutch, 8.8/ 4.10s, line-lok, bla ,bla, bla.
71 COMET/289,351w heads, 12.5 TRWs, 750DP, Liberty TL, 9"/6.00s, 11.9x @112 , bla,bla,bla.

Never shoot your mouth off, unless your brain is loaded! ....I may get older, but I'll never grow up!....If you're not laughing, you're not living!  :laughing:

Mustang driveshadt?????

Reply #6
Do you have any local DS shops?

My buddy just had a custom aluminum one made for his 66 stang it was around $350 that's what one cost new from frpp

Mustang driveshadt?????

Reply #7
Check out Denny's http://www.dennysdriveshaft.com/index.html,  I don't know how much they are now but years ago I looked into driveshafts and spoke with these guys and it seemed like the way to go.  If you do get a quote on one let us know what they go for now..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mustang driveshadt?????

Reply #8
MUSTANG

T BIRD

I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

Mustang driveshadt?????

Reply #9
Thanks guys. Guess I'll look into getting one made.

Mustang driveshadt?????

Reply #10
Think I should just get a stang one n have it extended? I can get a used one cheap... car is a V8 C4 trans wth a 8.8

Mustang driveshadt?????

Reply #11
Not if its aluminum that's what my buddy tryed they can not do it

From what inland empire driveline said the ford one is  lol

Mustang driveshadt?????

Reply #12
Alot of us have the crown Vic police interceptor ds cut down for our cars
87 TC
HO Swap, T5 Swap, Mach Springs, CHE Upper and Lower control arms, Mach Chin spoiler, soon to be Procharged.

:evilgrin: Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD you want to hit it but are scared of the consequences. :evilgrin:

Mustang driveshadt?????

Reply #13
Quote from: bigbada1;408106
Alot of us have the crown Vic police interceptor ds cut down for our cars

Does it have to be the police interceptor?

Mustang driveshadt?????

Reply #14
My problem is I have tye stock one in the car, I drive the car to the track n wanna not have to worry. I plan on spraying the car hard out the hole so wanna no its not gonna break.