Skip to main content
Topic: 88 Thunderbird EVTM coming (Read 6479 times) previous topic - next topic

88 Thunderbird EVTM coming

Reply #15
LOL, Scott, do you have a torrent client?
I'd guess you don't since you have a bandwidth cap.

Depending on file size, one could put this on a cd or dvd and keep it around, or use it on a pc that's not 'net capable.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #17
Im aware of torrents on the web ,, figured they were similar to FTPs but a little different.

I ran an "EVTM" lotto a few years ago, search it here.....  i burned CD's of the 87 and mailed out a few dozen to members.  Honestly, i cant see why this thing you got is so huge,, i was thinking it would be like 60mg, like mine is.

Now most peoples machines may descriminate against an .exe depending on thier virus protection settings,,  dono.  either way, im on Hughesnet Gen4, pretty satisfied with it other than latinency.

10mg down, 1.5mg up  , really good speeds for being in the boonies.  My transfer rate is like 550 to 900kbs or something like that, latinency is the killer, 600ms...thats where real copper has me beat.

Reply #18
Its so large because they were 300 dpi scans that i reduced slightly. I wanted to optimize for high resolution displays like retina display macs and large displays over 1080p. The unreduced images made it over 800megs originally.  That and the several hundred embedded links.  It looks great on my 1080p monitor.

Reply #19
In order to use this, I am gonna have to fire up a VM with Winblows running on it... but thank you Foe for the effort.

Reply #20
Quote from: Crazy88;404869
In order to use this, I am gonna have to fire up a VM with Winblows running on it... but thank you Foe for the effort.

Its not that hard for me to make a .app for mac guys. Once I get some other guys seeding, I'll make one for mac.  Anyone worried about torrents shouldn't be, I'm using magnets and dht, so there are no trackers or hosts involved. You're getting it straight from me or one of the guys.

Reply #21
ok, so im sharing a folder on my machine basically? correct?

well, in that case, it matters which machine so the processor speed is important.

i think my son has a torrent, will check, cant wait to see this thing

Reply #22
Quote from: jcassity;404871
ok, so im sharing a folder on my machine basically? correct?

well, in that case, it matters which machine so the processor speed is important.

i think my son has a torrent, will check, cant wait to see this thing

I can bittorrent from my phone, so it doesn't take any horsepower. Its not like kazaa where you share a whole folder, you just share the file.

Reply #23
Its kinda wierd, I have my µTorrent Mac running (the same client I have been using for well over a year.  Thus far...nada, nothing.  I can see one seed (not connected) and 4 peers (one connected).  I'll leave it over night and see if this gets better... Assuming that everyone who is supposed to be sharing has their hosts, router and perhaps firewalls setup correctly.

Reply #24
Quote from: Crazy88;404873
Its kinda wierd, I have my µTorrent Mac running (the same client I have been using for well over a year.  Thus far...nada, nothing.  I can see one seed (not connected) and 4 peers (one connected).  I'll leave it over night and see if this gets better... Assuming that everyone who is supposed to be sharing has their hosts, router and perhaps firewalls setup correctly.

I just opened up the torrent to unlimited up speed, but so far, see no upload activity from it..
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #25
Hmm. Having downloaded over 4TB and uploaded over 12TB in the last 5 years, I am pretty sure that it isn't my setup... ;)

Reply #26
appreciate all your hard work and thoughtfulness, remember my comments from the other post.....

caveman rules in situations like this.  granted it could be more complicated than your making it but a 3 to 6 hour solution is waiting.  Good news is , you already have the pages scanned so now you could be done in about 20 minutes.

Reply #27
I'm downloading it now.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #28
That works and looks good. The watermark kinda sucks though. It's uploading now. I don't know where, I don't see any seeds?
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #29
The watermark does suck, and it'll take a hundred bucks to get rid of it.  It didn't seem like the project was worth buying a license for the software. 

I need a good FTP to make it simpler to share.  The more that download and in turn seed, the faster it will be for those who download, but right now we're just getting it off the ground.