Skip to main content
Topic: Before,after and new. (Read 4068 times) previous topic - next topic

Before,after and new.

I recently smacked my cat in to a guard rail.XXX
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Before,after and new.

Reply #1
I think "smack" is a mild understatement. Before...I saw that......After...I saw that...Where's the "new"?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Before,after and new.

Reply #2
More picks.XXXThe black cat is my replacement. Now I have to build it up.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Before,after and new.

Reply #3
Holy , that swap didn't take long. Did you already swap the engine and drivetrain.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Before,after and new.

Reply #4
No I just got done stripping the other one about a hr. ago. The fuel tank and rear will go in first in about a week or 2. I probably won't get the motor and trans in till winter. I have the heads and intake for a 351 build so that might happen. If not The grey cats parts will go in it. I just picked a real good deal on a explorer,guess what it's black to. Now I got a black pu ,explorer and cat.I feel like I'm starting all over again. Well I am, just don't need to paint this one.

Before,after and new.

Reply #5
I'm thinking 351W for the Sport. The Black car looks great.....a little bit sinister. It sits a little high the way the Sport used to. I wish at times I had never lowered it.

Before,after and new.

Reply #6
Sorry to hear about your cat, may she rest in pieces.  The good news is that you didn't get hurt and as much as it may sound like heresy in this particular venue, the cat can be replaced, but your life can't.

Before,after and new.

Reply #7
Quote from: vinnietbird;397220
I'm thinking 351W for the Sport. The Black car looks great.....a little bit sinister. It sits a little high the way the Sport used to. I wish at times I had never lowered it.

It's a beautiful cat. I orginaly bought it from a member on here in jersey. But my buddy's wife saw it and she wanted it, So it never made it home with me. Bought it back for what I sold it to him for. It's sinister with a V6. I'm curios to see how it runs with the 373's in it. I don't think I'm going to put the front mach 1 springs back in that was in the grey one, they seemed a little to soft.

Before,after and new.

Reply #8
How long did it take to strip the gray car?

Before,after and new.

Reply #9
Kitz, If I were you..I'd cut those 1/4 panels off and save them, well the one anyway..lol.... could be worth a mint in about 10 years.... also the roof, and floor and such
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Before,after and new.

Reply #10
there musta been a reason I didn't buy that black cat 5 years ago..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Before,after and new.

Reply #11
Quote from: vinnietbird;397232
How long did it take to strip the gray car?

9hrs sat.and 3 hrs today. would of been less but I had a hard time getting the computer and harness out.It got squished in there from the hit. I have a few parts to pull yet.

Before,after and new.

Reply #12
...bumper covers....rear glass......anything that can be removed.

Before,after and new.

Reply #13
Wow Kitz sorry to see the Cougar twin to my car met such a gnarly end.  Glad you are OK.  And I 2nd what everyone else is saying about stripping everything you can!  I would hate to even hit a deer with my car.  The yards around here have crushed all the fox cars and I am afraid it would be difficult to find body parts easily.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Before,after and new.

Reply #14
Wow! I just saw this. I'm glad you're okay. I'm sorry to see that happened, it was a nice looking ride. It's cool you were able to replace it so fast. Have fun with the new one, it looks good too.