Skip to main content
Topic: Before,after and new. (Read 3945 times) previous topic - next topic

Before,after and new.

Reply #15
That sucks but glad you're ok. At least you had a spare car sitting around ;).
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Before,after and new.

Reply #16
Thanks,It still sucks. I really miss it, the black one just isn't the same "yet".
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Before,after and new.

Reply #17
Post a pic "as-is" of the engine you pulled from the gray Cougar.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Before,after and new.

Reply #18
Man sorry to see that, I am new here, but I like the grey car.  Glad your ok!!  I know how you feel about not being the same car.  I had a mustang 79, that I turned into a V8 car when I was 21, I had the car since I was 15, couple months after it was painted (I rode around a year in primer) a 16yr girl ran a stop sign and took off the front of car, nasty wreck.  Its crazy how we become attached to these cars.  Good luck with new build!!!

Before,after and new.

Reply #19
Here you go vinnie, it's just not in the car now and has the last valve covers on that I bought from you. X
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Before,after and new.

Reply #20
You didn't buy them, we traded. Geez............

Good looking engine though. I got out of the shiny stuff for a while. Time for me to get busy getting the shiny stuff back on.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Before,after and new.

Reply #21
Rest in peace.X

Before,after and new.

Reply #22
Holy .. glad your ok.  That last picture is a sad site,  at least your moving along good with the other one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Before,after and new.

Reply #23
I can hear a trumpet playing taps.

Before,after and new.

Reply #24
Quote from: Kitz Kat;397725
Rest in peace.X

Someone is gonna miss what appeared to be straight and decent quarters, fenders, floor pans, torque boxes and trunk pan, not to mention a relatively clean doghouse (front subframe).

Before,after and new.

Reply #25
If I had the space I would of kept it.

Before,after and new.

Reply #26
Cougar killer......lol
1986 T-bird
347 stroker motor
185 AFR Heads
TrickFlow cam 224/232-542/563
Victor Jr. intake CNC ported
Quickfuel Holley 800 cfm
Hooker 1-3/4 long tubes
Custom built AOD
B&M 3000 stall
8.8 w/4.30 gears
UPR K-member,A-Arms,and coil-overs
UPR upper/lower control arms
Strange shocks/struts
26x10x15 M/T slicks
11.48@119.27
(coming soon Tremec 3550)
The Finished Product
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/03grinnie/T-bird/

Before,after and new.

Reply #27
Sucks about the car.  I'm sure the new one will be sorted in good time.

I hear ya on not having enough room to keep all the bits you like.  It's amazing how much more room a car that is in pieces takes up.  I stripped my wrecked Volvo pretty much down to nil.  Now I'm tripping over all the parts since I haven't had the time for them to find their way onto the other cars.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Before,after and new.

Reply #28
I bought a car a while ago for parts, I got  a lot of parts. ic got the doors from that one. I wish I had a 88 harness. I got the rear in today one thing down.

Before,after and new.

Reply #29
That is true about how much more room the parts take up! The first thing I do when I get into a new car is to buy a parts car ( or two!). They aren't bad until you strip 'em out.

I'm glad you are OK buddy. Also glad to see you are still hanging onto a cat.