Skip to main content
Topic: New Here 83 Thunderbird (Read 57085 times) previous topic - next topic

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #225
X
I also worked on the shifter boot.  I had the console from the parts car, which was an automatic.  I got an 85 model manual bezel, but did not fit very well on the console.  So I cut the bottom of the coin tray and then made a pattern to cut out the manual bezel top the place down in the tray.  I have not found a way to fasten it down yet, so it is just laying in the tray for right now.

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #226
X
I also worked on the shifter boot.  I had the console from the parts car, which was an automatic.  I got an 85 model manual bezel, but did not fit very well on the console.  So I cut the bottom of the coin tray and then made a pattern to cut out the manual bezel top the place down in the tray.  I have not found a way to fasten it down yet, so it is just laying in the tray for right now.

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #227
Coming together nicely. Keep up the great work. Have you decided on a type of seats yet?
87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter:D   3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates,  Work  In  Progress.......  ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )
 S O L D

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #228
not yet, looked at some of the seats on Ebay, but have not looked to hard yet.

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #229
X
X
I have the radio and eq powered up, I also ran the RCA's and speaker (16ga) wires.  I ran two speaker wires into the door, mid and tweeter.  I will put crossover somewhere in the back with the amps.

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #230
X
X
I have the radio and eq powered up, I also ran the RCA's and speaker (16ga) wires. I ran two speaker wires into the door, mid and tweeter. I will put crossover somewhere in the back with the amps.

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #231
What brand speakers are you going with? I hope to update my stereo over the winter. I have some older Rockford amps that I want to use.
87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter:D   3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates,  Work  In  Progress.......  ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )
 S O L D

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #232
I am using my Punch 60 for subs and Punch 4020 for mid and highs (old school).  Probably some MB quarts for the 6.5 and tweet components in door.

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #233
X
X
My trunk lid was never painted, jammed it, and I put the cover on

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #234
I like the old school stereo setup
I bet it'll sound good too

I have these older Rockford hx 10" single coil subs that I got free at work a while back and I kid you not I've blown like 2-3 amps on them since using them haha,  dang tough subs

I'm actually going with a component setup atm but I might end up with some different subs lol
1987 T-Bird TC: 5-Spd, 5-lug conv., CHE Rear CAs, '04 Cobra wheels and 13" Brakes, Vac Assist conv: '93 Cobra BB/MC & Wilwood PV, Gutted/Knived Intakes, T3 turbo, RFE6 Mani, Stinger 3" Exhaust & Oil Feed, 255HP Walbro, Kirban AFPR, RR Cam, Esslinger Cam gear and Round Tooth Conv., Gillis Boost Valve, Speedway Dual Valve Spring,  K&N, 130a 3g Alt conv., 140mph Speedo
Running Better Than Ever :burnout:

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #235
X
inner window wipe (or seal) in place, now time for door pops, speakers, and fix up the door panels.

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #236
Quote from: 83TB;451795
X
X
My trunk lid was never painted, jammed it, and I put the cover on

I like the trunk lid cover..( wish mine had that) ..Gives it a clean, finished look.
 S O L D

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #237
X
Its been a bit, but I finally got my steering wheel on, not laugh at the floor mats, just temp ones while working on the inside still.  Seats and finish up door pops and panels, then I can move to the system in the trunk.

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #238
X
X
Dodge SRT-4 caliber seats mounted up in the t-brid

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #239
Sweet!!! Comfy looking seats

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]