Skip to main content
Topic: Gave my 87 cougar some attitude (Read 4456 times) previous topic - next topic

Gave my 87 cougar some attitude

Reply #15
Got to love the AOD(not)  Although lots of people have had great high performance luck with them....electronic tranny controls are a good thing nowaday.  Its great that we can make them work in are old tbird/cougar fox cars....its amazing.  If you think about it.

Travis

Reply #16
Third gear and od seem way too far apart. Totally kills the performance. The car goes from accelerating like crazy to bogging out and waiting to build boost again, it might just be the way the trans disengages while shifting to od. I am going to be upgrading to a trans brake valvebody and getting a 3200 to 3500 stall 10 inch converter over the winter, that should take care of launching. As it is I can't launch with any boost right now. In a couple weeks their will be another drag race event, hopefully the new rad gets here and I get some time slips.

added some more stuff

Reply #17
I added some rocker panel decals today. Some people think its cool, some think its too much, and some just plain old laughed at me, but who cares, I like it, but the cops sure started following me around ever since I put the checker flag stuff on. Maybe someone tied some donuts to the bumper, but man are they on me today.

Reply #18
Good looking car, but you are an inch away from going overboard with it.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #19
Quote from: vinnietbird;395877
Good looking car, but you are an inch away from going overboard with it.

Too each there own....I personally like the Thundercats' logo.

Travis

Reply #20
Yeah, I was kinda leary of putting that rocker panel stripe on, but it's growing on me. I was thinking of making a set of one piece lights for the front, but we will see, I think some GTS headlight covers will be good enough. Time for the stereo now....

Reply #21
Yee-haw!  Yep, your almost up to hillbilly specs... all that is missing is the push bar, rebel flag on the roof and NASCAR stickers holding the bondo on. ;)  I am just joshin' yer 'tater o'course, but really.  It is on the verge of something...

Reply #22
I've said before...these cars don't take to visual mods as well as Mustangs do. It has to be done very carefully, and modestly.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #23
Meh. Checkered flag ANYTHING doesn't work on these cars. Neither does large expanses of chrome or highly polished wheels arches, and all that ricer jazz.

Tell me more about the car that's backed in behind the Cherokee. I think the rocker stickers would look more natural on that. (If it's the car I'm thinking it is, some came out the doors with some god-awful gaudiness applied to the sides..)

Not trying to hurt your feelers, but in a nutshell, it's a gorgeous car, the thundercat logo is almost a bit too much, the rocker stuff is about a mile past that. It's YOUR car though, and i won't whine about it anymore now :)
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #24
The car behind the cherokee is a 92 Nissan Skyline that ran low 12s with the clutch slipping the entire track both runs never made a third clutch got too bad. I haven't bothered racing it again since the new clutch went in.

I guess I will really be a hillbilly when the side pipes go on....

Reply #25
lol... turbo 5.0 cougar and you want to know more about an R32 skyline? :P

keen to see how it goes on the track!
not a fan of the stickers, but the rest is great.
83 Thunderbird Heritage - Right Hand Drive
95 Falcon GLi

Reply #26
Skylines rule.....period.  But so do turbo cougars :)

Travis

Reply #27
Quote from: turbotrav;395925
Skylines rule.....period.  But so do turbo cougars :)

Travis

x2

Well since you asked......

Reply #29
Ok I guess I will let the cat outta the bag. I was gonna keep it secret until it was done, but here is a teaser....

XXX