Skip to main content
Topic: Garage Floor Epoxy (Read 3696 times) previous topic - next topic

Garage Floor Epoxy

Reply #15
Yep, I rolled all of it, and if I had another kit, using four for a 2.5 car garage, I think I could have achieved a much better result. Today I sanded it, rinsed, and cleared with h&c shield Crete clear from Sherwin Williams. I think that's going to help a ton.

I'll snap a pic tomorrow.
87 Thunderbird LX
65mm tb, exploder intake, iron gt40 heads, 1.6 rr, a9l mass air swap, 9.5" Billet Dirty Dog TC, Built AOD, 4.10's, 31 spline TLoc, Superior Axles, full sn95 five lug swap.

Garage Floor Epoxy

Reply #16
Usually we would use a notched squeegee to spread it then roll it once and done. But you will use more material. The less rolling the less air that gets trapped in it. It didn't look bad in the pick.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Garage Floor Epoxy

Reply #17
There are a few areas that are thinner than others but its done.

87 Thunderbird LX
65mm tb, exploder intake, iron gt40 heads, 1.6 rr, a9l mass air swap, 9.5" Billet Dirty Dog TC, Built AOD, 4.10's, 31 spline TLoc, Superior Axles, full sn95 five lug swap.

Garage Floor Epoxy

Reply #18
Lookin good    :)

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Garage Floor Epoxy

Reply #19
It looks really good, great job!  Are you gonna semi-finish the garage with drywall?  It would make the space much nicer, giving you the opportunity to run necessary wiring ,insulate making the space more comfortable to work in year around and lastly make the space brighter, rather than having the tar paper suck up the light sources.

Garage Floor Epoxy

Reply #20
looks nice...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Garage Floor Epoxy

Reply #21
For those of us with poor reading comprehension, what was the final product you decided on? How much did you end up needing, and if you don't mind, how much did it cost?
CoogarXR : 1985 Cougar XR-7

Garage Floor Epoxy

Reply #22
I used quikrete epoxy kits from Lowes, three at $74 each. Four would have covered much better. The quikrete clear was 100$ per kit, so I bought two gallons of h&c shield Crete acrylic clear from Sherwin Williams. They were $69 per gallon, but I use a painter's account number, and paid $49 each. I used one pouch of anti skid per gallon. I haven't wetted it to test it but it doesn't seem coarse enough.  Fyi, the h&c is made to be an epoxy top coat on top of an h&c two part water based epoxy that I compared msds to the quikrete.

I was just so ready to be done, and was scared of throwing good money after bad after the epoxy was down.

If I do it again, I would 100% rent a grinder, then just clear the bare concrete.
87 Thunderbird LX