Skip to main content
Topic: Somebody else makes sub frame connectors for our cars! (Read 5095 times) previous topic - next topic

Somebody else makes sub frame connectors for our cars!

Reply #15
Ok I get it now :)
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #16
What do you guys think do you think i should try them?
Cougar on a diet to suck gas and haul ass!

Cain, Pony Express Racing

Reply #17
I spoke to Mike Ruth at Alston's Racing Products today about their subframes.  He was a really nice guy.  I also asked him about the possibility of him making seat braces for our cars.  He said he'd be glad to make them for us if at least 6 guys wanted a set.  He says he's put his subframes on some nasty cars and they did a great job supposedly.  Their subframes cost $100 too, which is half of what Global's cost.

His shop is in Chicago.  Is anyone here in the Chicago area and interested in taking your car by his shop?  He said if anyone would be willing to do that, he said he'd make it worth your while.
William

Reply #18
somebody should swing by there. There prices are more reasonable then globalwest.
Cougar on a diet to suck gas and haul ass!

Cain, Pony Express Racing

Reply #19
Quote from: 88 Blackbird 5.0;394437
I spoke to Mike Ruth at Alston's Racing Products today about their subframes.  He was a really nice guy.  I also asked him about the possibility of him making seat braces for our cars.  He said he'd be glad to make them for us if at least 6 guys wanted a set.  He says he's put his subframes on some nasty cars and they did a great job supposedly.  Their subframes cost $100 too, which is half of what Global's cost.

His shop is in Chicago.  Is anyone here in the Chicago area and interested in taking your car by his shop?  He said if anyone would be willing to do that, he said he'd make it worth your while.

I just found this thread. Alston is about an hour and ten minutes north of where I live. The problem is that I already have subframe connectors on my T-bird.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #20
any luck with these subframe connectors? I need some for my bird! Its almost winter now so its going into storage. hopefully somebody will make them by spring time so I can throw them in while shes sitting during the winter.

Reply #21
I can still fab a set.
1988 T-Bird Sport Coupe--5.0 HO, MAF swap, 1-5/8" shorties, BBK/Flowmaster exhaust, Explorer intake, 70mm Edelbrock TB, T5, B&M short throw, Centerforce clutch and PP, disc brake TC rear w/ 3.55's, TC front brakes, '98 Cobra springs, DIY SFC's, other misc .  14.05 @ 98mph with launching too low and shifting too high.

Reply #22
I wanted subframe connectors and live close enough to chicago to tailer my car down.  Send me a message with his contact info and Ill try to give him a call.
84 TC - under contruction
2018 F150 2.7 4x4 STX
98 F-150 XLT - 4.6, auto, 4x4, extended cab

Reply #23
sounds good. if those ones with seat braces dont come through ill have some fabed up by you dan b. Ill let you know! thanks guys

Reply #24
Because of the trouble getting one of our cars to a fabricator, I decided to just make my own subframes and seat brackets.  Sorry man.  I didn't have any luck finding anyone to take their car to Alston.
William