Skip to main content
Topic: How much? (Read 3420 times) previous topic - next topic

How much?

Reply #30
Let's see. $700.00 for the car. $300.00 for Exploder motor. Got the engine I am running in it for nothing. $300.00 for tranny, $400.00 for Baumann. $900.00 for paint. $500.00 for turbo stuff. $300.00 for MS and $200.00 for wideband. At least another $3k in other junk like tires, radiator and coolers, brakes and suspension. $500 in PC bits and sound system.

What's that? $7-8K off the top of my head, which means it's closer to 10K when I add up all the little stuff LOL.

I still want to spend 2K more to do heads and converter so it'll be track worthy.:burnout::evilgrin:

It makes me smile when I drive it, so I am not sad.

How much?

Reply #31
My grandparents bought the Cougar in '86 for my Uncle, after he was killed it was stored for me. I've put a whole new fuel system, water pump, rebuilt valve body in the C4, Headliner, seats dyed, TC Hood, wheels, exhaust, 5 lug swap parts, suspension goodies. I've got about $4k wrapped up in it. I've got a $10k motor planned out and a full suspension to build on top of that.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

How much?

Reply #32
Quote from: Kitz Kat;393037
40K over how many years? You won't find another one like it. Let alone even close to it, maybe Jerry in a few years.

Thanks.
I've had the car since August 1996. Most of that money was spent by 2005. It's really not seen much in the way of large expenses since then, just upkeep and little things.
Of course, like everyone else, I have plans and pipe dreams for it. Who knows if they'll ever get done.

Right now I'm just happy that it runs and is drivable LOL.

How much?

Reply #33
Quote from: flylear45;393388
Let's see. $700.00 for the car. $300.00 for Exploder motor. Got the engine I am running in it for nothing. $300.00 for tranny, $400.00 for Baumann. $900.00 for paint. $500.00 for turbo stuff. $300.00 for MS and $200.00 for wideband. At least another $3k in other junk like tires, radiator and coolers, brakes and suspension. $500 in PC bits and sound system.

What's that? $7-8K off the top of my head, which means it's closer to 10K when I add up all the little stuff LOL.

I still want to spend 2K more to do heads and converter so it'll be track worthy.:burnout::evilgrin:

It makes me smile when I drive it, so I am not sad.

If I may ask, where did you get a bauman for $400? And how difficult is it to hook up? Thanks
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

How much?

Reply #34
I got it right from the manufacturer. I got a stub harness from them for $35.00 IIRRC and made my own custom harness from that.

It was very time consuming, but not terribly difficult. I was splicing a tranny harness from a Crown Vic with a TC harness, then into my own special madness of wiring, so it was a challenge.

How much?

Reply #35
I got it right from the manufacturer. I got a stub harness from them for $35.00 IIRRC and made my own custom harness from that.

It was very time consuming, but not terribly difficult. I was splicing a tranny harness from a Crown Vic with a TC harness, then into my own special madness of wiring, so it was a challenge.