Skip to main content
Topic: Question????? (Read 2483 times) previous topic - next topic

Question?????

Reply #15
Quote from: jrad235;390242
Thunder chicken, I think that's pretty funny about the GM injectors(Since I don't own any of those!) I've heard the ring trick as well. I have a friend that has an issue with his 60k mile Jeep (3.7L)  occasionally limping along at 20 MPH even when floored. Says it stutters bad, but if he shuts it down for a bit, it'll run fine afterward. Some Jiffy lube guy told him it might be his injectors.

That's probably sticking intake valves, a common problem with the 3.7. They don't rotate like they're supposed to, so they wear into the seats funny. Then for some reason they do rotate, and the valve no longer seats properly. There's a bulletin on this one too, that involves pulling the heads, replacing the valves, and replacing the retainers.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Question?????

Reply #16
Oh boy. He's not gonna like that.
1983 Tbird with '03 Split Port V6 motor swap done! Headers, dual exhaust, 500CFM Edelbrock, 3G upgrade, Electric fan. 3.73 Gears and an FRPP Limited Slip. Five lug complete! 5-Speed conversion complete! Standalone Fuel Injection in progress...

Question?????

Reply #17
Excellent results that cured rough idle and hesitation on my 01 kia sportage and my old lawn mower . A guy at work used it on his 90's lexus and claimed it damaged his cat and 02 sensors and dealer had to replace everything.

Question?????

Reply #18
I love the stuff
I have used it as a de-carbonizer , I use it as an injector cleaner/ fuel stabilizer by adding it to the tank on used cars at my friends lot quite often also .
 I generally don't have much good to say about "mechanic in a can " but Seafoam has done everything I wanted it to do 

I would not say its junk or a scam but I don't think it's magic either . just a product that has its place
Fox-less at the moment

Question?????

Reply #19
A Lot of good info. My gut feeling is the stuff is a concentrated de-carbonizer. That is a fact. But like i said GM Ford and Chrysler has upper cleaners that are a different formula TETRON seems to be the dealers choice. Chicken the MULTECH injectors are the good ones according to AERA that are stock on GM. Pintle injectors are the bad guys in my experience.  But i have changes many pencil injectors on GM engines for service codes 301-308 ETC. Well i have to run some tests on this stuff. Greg i have also had to change exhaust components with the use of Sea Foam as you explained about the LEXUS. Like O2 sensors. Thanks
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

Question?????

Reply #20
I use it in my bbq sauce.... but really, I have had good look with Marvel Mystery Oil in the gas tank to shut off CEL on a 1997 Grand Marquis that was indicating a bad o2 sensor.  Half the price as a can of Seafoam, but I have used Seafoam also to try and help single out some issues with a "problem child" 2001 Windstar.

Question?????

Reply #21
I thought I should add that it works great to remove varnish from old lawn mower gas tanks.  Otherwise I've never used it on a car for anything else but to decarbon, never tried it in the oil or the gas tank
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Bebe! 1980 Thunderbird, 302 & AOD are the only option boxes checked

Question?????

Reply #22
people love cans of stuff that come in a bottle and will do the same thing as an ASE certified mechanic can do.  Cans of stuff can virtually rebuild your engines now a days , increase your gas mileage and reduce atmospheric carbon.

gotta love it.

-WD40 down all vac lines to lub up various vac actuated solenoids.
-stuck rings, WD40 again
-Ether or non residue leaving spray on cleaner for 02 , MAF or ACT sensors
-No-Ox-Id for electrical connections and connectors