Topic: Carroll Shelby dies (Read 2958 times) previous topic - next topic

Carroll Shelby dies

Reply #2
I named my first born after him
Fox-less at the moment

Carroll Shelby dies

Reply #4
Quote from: EricCoolCats;389684
Now that he's gone...you think Ford will stop kissing his backside?

Ford has made a lot of money off of Carrol Shelby.
88 Cougar LS 5.0 .030 over, ported E7s with GT40 valves & trickflow springs, Proform roller rockers, HO cam, removed air silencer, K&N filter, smog pump delete, 2.25" dual flowmasters, Pacestter H-pipe & headers, HO computer, 65mm TB, Explorer intake, 19# injecters, 3.45s, rebuilt posi, and TCI shift kit.

Carroll Shelby dies

Reply #5
I am at a loss for words. Truely saddened by his passing.

Carroll Shelby dies

Reply #6
RIP Mr. Shelby. I don't think it was heart related either so his heart transplant was successful until the end.
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Carroll Shelby dies

Reply #7
Quote from: chrome;389690
i am at a loss for words. Truely saddened by his passing.

x2
88 Cougar LS 5.0 .030 over, ported E7s with GT40 valves & trickflow springs, Proform roller rockers, HO cam, removed air silencer, K&N filter, smog pump delete, 2.25" dual flowmasters, Pacestter H-pipe & headers, HO computer, 65mm TB, Explorer intake, 19# injecters, 3.45s, rebuilt posi, and TCI shift kit.

Carroll Shelby dies

Reply #8
Quote from: Bruce M;389687
Ford has made a lot of money off of Carrol Shelby.

He made a lot of money for Chrysler too. Once he went GLH, that was the beginning of the end. Dude slapped his name on anything for money.
Not that I didn't like him or his cars. He was just a huge hypocrite.

Carroll Shelby dies

Reply #9
Bye Carrol.  This automotive world is better for having known you.

His legacy is amazing, hands down, compared to ANYBODY!
Mike

Carroll Shelby dies

Reply #10
Quote from: EricCoolCats;389699
He made a lot of money for Chrysler too. Once he went GLH, that was the beginning of the end. Dude slapped his name on anything for money.
Not that I didn't like him or his cars. He was just a huge hypocrite.

Yup. And Ford didn't need him. It's a shame they rubbed his old man balls all over the (what should have been ) GT500 Cobra. It's the only thing Shelby about it. Kind of tainted the car for me. They will probably keep the name as a tribute or something now. Who knows.

Sad about his passing though. It's been coming for the last few months though.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Carroll Shelby dies

Reply #11
I just listened to bill cosby talk about his shelby ss today with my dad.

Hope he's in a better place now.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Carroll Shelby dies

Reply #12
I actually teared up a little when I found out about this. His contributions to the automotive world will always be remembered.  At least he lived a full life!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Bebe! 1980 Thunderbird, 302 & AOD are the only option boxes checked

Carroll Shelby dies

Reply #13
Quote from: EricCoolCats;389684
Now that he's gone...you think Ford will stop kissing his backside?

You're just jealous cause your Cougars will never be worth more than 2% of a AC Cobra...

Carroll Shelby dies

Reply #14
He wd his name out to any and all who would pay what he asked. RIP, but no tears from me.

As far as "his" roadsters are concerned, you can build your own (and probably faster and safer) than a set of head bolts from an original 289 Cobra would cost today...

My point: he sued everyone's asses that called their shiznit a cobra anything...yet he pirated a British car and made it his own....irony. And all that money? Can't take it with ya..

I suppose it COULD be worse....at least we don't have a GT500 Dodge Shelby Shadow that everyone has raging hard-ons over...lol :bowdown:
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6