Skip to main content
Topic: Saved a Turbocoupe (Read 5911 times) previous topic - next topic

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #30
That is a fantastic looking TC!!  Do you have any interior or engine bay pictures of it?  Also, what did you do to polish out the headlights and corner lights?

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #31
Quote from: ja;389791
dan,
I took the aluminum off an extra molding I had for like a month to make sure it wasnt going to "shrink" I didnt think it would and it did not. So I did it to all of them.......they look great

That is the best way to reuse the moldings. It works like a charm.

Your Turbo Coupe looks great. That Mark VIII color makes it pop more that the factory white ever did.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #32
Excellent job!! I am happy for you.

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #33
Sorry I've been on vacation and I haven't checked this in awhile.

I wet sanded with 2000 then went to 3000 and hand buffed them with meguires plastic polish. I've been using turtle wax ice on them after.

No interior pics yet. Its still in pieces and needs work. Engine bay is clean I wish I had before and after pics of it.

Thanks!
2011 Grabber Blue 5.0, 3D500 spoiler, CS valance, GT premium, interior upgrade package, Brembos, MT-82 and Whipple powered

88 TC work in progress

01 cobra: traded

Sold: 93 LX Modular 4v swap
Sean Hyland Motorsport forged rotating assembly, Teksid block, 01 cobra heads, cams and intake

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #34
You definitely need to post up some engine bay pics, then :D

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #35
Will it be at Carlisle next weekend?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar
Electrical mods: too many to list :D

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #36
Wow, incredible work. I'm all inspired to restore some lights today.

Where are you located?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #37
He's not too far from me from what I can tell.

Outstanding work on the car. I would be proud to drive it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #38
Thanks a lot guys. Yes I'm very close to pittsburgh....where are you from?

I'm taking my mustang to carlisle but I will be there hunting for parts!
2011 Grabber Blue 5.0, 3D500 spoiler, CS valance, GT premium, interior upgrade package, Brembos, MT-82 and Whipple powered

88 TC work in progress

Sean Hyland Motorsport forged rotating assembly, Teksid block, 01 cobra heads, cams and intake

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #39

still not finished under here but you get the idea.....stock turbo coupe..... incorrect battery that needs replaced

88 TC work in progress

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #40
Wow! I don't believe this! I'm from Kittanning area, and graduated from Lenape Tech in 2005. I was in Auto Tech tho, not Auto Body. Great job they did. I know where the trader horn is in your pic. Indiana Pike? Anyway great looking car, can't wait for the two of ours to meet along the road somewhere. LOL

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #41
Very nice!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
'86 Turbo Thundercat (Cougarbird)
'02 TrailBlazer LT 4x4
'08 Chevy Cobalt

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #42
Quote from: stangman_1987;391703
Wow! I don't believe this! I'm from Kittanning area, and graduated from Lenape Tech in 2005. I was in Auto Tech tho, not Auto Body. Great job they did. I know where the trader horn is in your pic. Indiana Pike? Anyway great looking car, can't wait for the two of ours to meet along the road somewhere. LOL

You graduated the same year as me. Do you have a black one??? i seen one on the road the other day and I havent seen one for years

88 TC work in progress

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #43
Quote from: ja;392072
You graduated the same year as me. Do you have a black one??? i seen one on the road the other day and I havent seen one for years

No man mine is Simialar to a cobra blue. If you look in the user rides section it's in there. It hasn't seen pa yet, but the first of August, it will be roaming around. The car is current in SC, a buddy of mine getting it all hooked up... I'm in Afghanistan and redepmoying the first part of July. Keep yours eyes open in August, I'll be in Ford City/ Manorville a lot. You graduated in 2005? My name is Clint. Btw.. beautiful engine bay lol