Skip to main content
Topic: Saved a Turbocoupe (Read 5909 times) previous topic - next topic

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #15
found an OEM header panel today.........no more nasty hood gap!
2011 Grabber Blue 5.0, 3D500 spoiler, CS valance, GT premium, interior upgrade package, Brembos, MT-82 and Whipple powered

88 TC work in progress

01 cobra: traded

Sold: 93 LX Modular 4v swap
Sean Hyland Motorsport forged rotating assembly, Teksid block, 01 cobra heads, cams and intake

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #16

I had it painted at a local tech school. Im hoping to get a piece in 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords for them and the awesome job they did on this car.
2011 Grabber Blue 5.0, 3D500 spoiler, CS valance, GT premium, interior upgrade package, Brembos, MT-82 and Whipple powered

88 TC work in progress

Sean Hyland Motorsport forged rotating assembly, Teksid block, 01 cobra heads, cams and intake

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #17
Looks like they did a nice job. Great pics.

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #18
thank you

88 TC work in progress

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #19
What school was that......Lenape Tech?

Looks great bud.
1988 T-Bird Sport Coupe--5.0 HO, MAF swap, 1-5/8" shorties, BBK/Flowmaster exhaust, Explorer intake, 70mm Edelbrock TB, T5, B&M short throw, Centerforce clutch and PP, disc brake TC rear w/ 3.55's, TC front brakes, '98 Cobra springs, DIY SFC's, other misc .  14.05 @ 98mph with launching too low and shifting too high.

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #20
Did you have a hard time getting the door side moldings flat after removal? I am dragging my feet getting mine completed because I am worried about it.

Looks real nice. Good job.

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #21
dan,

yep it was lenape.

I took the aluminum off an extra molding I had for like a month to make sure it wasnt going to "shrink" I didnt think it would and it did not. So I did it to all of them.......they look great

88 TC work in progress

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #22
It looks real good! I can't wait to see it in person. Those kids should be proud, they did a great job! They defenately have a good teacher. I saw a van that was done at our vo-tech and it had more waves in it than the ocean!

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #23
Quote from: ja;389791

I took the aluminum off an extra molding I had for like a month to make sure it wasnt going to "shrink" I didnt think it would and it did not. So I did it to all of them.......they look great

Thanks for the advice. :cheers:

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #24
Quote from: 1Bad88tbird;389804
It looks real good! I can't wait to see it in person. Those kids should be proud, they did a great job! They defenately have a good teacher. I saw a van that was done at our vo-tech and it had more waves in it than the ocean!

lol Im good friends with the teacher....they are on a tight time schedule up there but he had them spend a good amount of time on this car

Im super picky and its probably the best repainted car Ive owned. they spent a TON of time on prep getting dings out. and spent a lot of time wet sanding and buffing.They are also doing a restoration on another teachers duster there. the parts theyve finished so far are awesome looking

now once I get this  OEM header panel painted ill be good to go

88 TC work in progress

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #25
more whoring..........

88 TC work in progress

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #26
Amazing looking car! That white is just a fantastic color!
...and there was light!

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #27
Real head turner!  Very nice.
tbirdregistry.com

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #28
Sweet!!  Am I going to see burnouts passed the Cadet when I head to work on Monday???  ;)
1988 T-Bird Sport Coupe--5.0 HO, MAF swap, 1-5/8" shorties, BBK/Flowmaster exhaust, Explorer intake, 70mm Edelbrock TB, T5, B&M short throw, Centerforce clutch and PP, disc brake TC rear w/ 3.55's, TC front brakes, '98 Cobra springs, DIY SFC's, other misc .  14.05 @ 98mph with launching too low and shifting too high.

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #29
After reading this post and seeing it was done at a vo-tech local to the owner i had an idea.
i went to school for collison repair and we repainted my blue 88 TC.
well i have my 87 TC thats a lil rough. i contacted my Body Shop teacher, drove the car up to him wednesday and its will be in the classroom in the fall for a mini exterior restoration!
cant wait to have another one of my cars in that classroom 12 years after the last!
Brian J Larkin
1988 Tbird Turbo Coupe
1989 Cougar XR7
1995  Ranger Splash