Skip to main content
Topic: Saved a Turbocoupe (Read 5908 times) previous topic - next topic

Saved a Turbocoupe

I have a couple other threads so im going to compile the progress
Not completely finished but getting there....

how I bought it

it was pretty bad and had seen better days. The body was solid minus the doors and trunk lid. dinged up, bent up hood from coming unlatched

tearing it down..

found some perfect rust free doors and a good hood, decided to paint the car white opalescent color code from a 93 mark VIII

how it sits now.....no totally finished, still waiting on some pieces from paint and I need to clean up the body gaps around the hood

2011 Grabber Blue 5.0, 3D500 spoiler, CS valance, GT premium, interior upgrade package, Brembos, MT-82 and Whipple powered

88 TC work in progress

01 cobra: traded

Sold: 93 LX Modular 4v swap
Sean Hyland Motorsport forged rotating assembly, Teksid block, 01 cobra heads, cams and intake

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #1
You're the man!

Love seeing people save TC's!
...and there was light!

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #3
That's a very good looking color for these cars. Great job!!

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #4
Love that color of white!  It really lends itself well to the TC.  Nice work so far.  The only thing I see that needs changed is to lower it a tad.  Great save!
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #5
I usually don't like white cars, but that looks great. I just noticed the aftermarket replacement header panel. You did
 a great job on the old girl. I miss my chrome Cobra R wheels.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #6
Nice paint.. nice.

I see you've got a gap between hood and header. I also have an aftermarket header, and mine is the same way. It was a huge gap, and I've managed to s it up a bit, but it's still there, a little worse than yours is. Irritating..but I've got some bent metal in the front, I can't make it any better. :punchballs:
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #7
That looks nice. you do good work :cheers:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Bebe! 1980 Thunderbird, 302 & AOD are the only option boxes checked

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #8
Gorgeous !!
Fox-less at the moment

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #9
excellent job!  THese cars are so good looking done up.

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #10
Looks great.  Good job!

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #11
Thank you, its a pretty cool car.....Ive wanted one for awhile and it was great to save one from destruction. the condition it was in it could have been the end.

Im going to replace this header panel I didnt even know it was an aftermarket until after it was going back together, its driving me crazy!
2011 Grabber Blue 5.0, 3D500 spoiler, CS valance, GT premium, interior upgrade package, Brembos, MT-82 and Whipple powered

88 TC work in progress

01 cobra: traded

Sold: 93 LX Modular 4v swap
Sean Hyland Motorsport forged rotating assembly, Teksid block, 01 cobra heads, cams and intake

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #12
Great job on the paint.

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #13
Nice job
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Saved a Turbocoupe

Reply #14
Very nice!
tbirdregistry.com