Skip to main content
Topic: Ever see these options before? (Read 3094 times) previous topic - next topic

Ever see these options before?

Reply #15
Quote from: Haystack;388714
Not worth it. My wife was is 5'2" and I'm 6'4". Wore two motors out it two years. Only way to go is manual.

We have been sharing cars for the past eight years and have never wore out any of the motors. I do not like the manual seats and even go as far as adding power seats to the passenger side because the forward/back manual adjuster leaves a lot to be desired for proper seating comfort. Worth it or not is a matter of opinion... :D
...and there was light!

Reply #16
I have power mirrors and windows, manual locks and seats. Also I have AM/FM only, no cassette. I love my Cougar so much lol. The only power item I do enjoy is power windows, and the only real reason is because in my car, I wouldn't like the crank on the door panel, I like the clean look. I will post a picture of my car, and I bet Eric is the only one who can point out something about my car that isn't factory, but no one would ever know it wasn't supposed to be there.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #18
Quote from: EricCoolCats;388700
It was already an option for the Mark VII somewhere around 1986-87, so Ford just shifted the parts over to the Cougar. I imagine it wouldn't be terribly difficult to transfer things over to a Cougar or T-Bird. Just have to find a place to mount the switch.

Got any pics of a Mark with memory seats? ... I've never seen one, I'm curious to know how it was set up
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #21
Quote from: EricCoolCats;388688
I've never heard of memory seats in any other Fox Cougar/Thunderbird other than the 20th Anniversary Cougars.
Anything is possible, but there is zero evidence in all of my books and experience to indicate otherwise.

Power recline was a popular option...it had nothing to do with memory seating though.

Well the most discerning of customers could have ordered that custom from the factory for 88 right?
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #22
I thought this was a odd combo, i have never seen a factory Alarm car without dual power seats.......the variations are mind bending on these cars......

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Reply #23
The factory alarm system itself was quite strange anyway. It was optional on all models but I've not seen one without at least the power driver's seat. Suppose it's possible though.

A friend of mine, years ago, had the factory alarm on his old '84 Turbo Coupe. I think his console plate was filled IIRC.

But yeah, strange stuff indeed.

Reply #24
What did the factory alarm do? That's about the only option I have never seen in person.
CoogarXR : 1985 Cougar XR-7

Reply #25
Quote from: CoogarXR;398442
What did the factory alarm do? That's about the only option I have never seen in person.

it was a passive alarm pre-wired, it had a ALARM LED light in the center of the control panel on the console. You activated it by hitting the door lock button manually from the door and that would make the light flash a few times before it would arm.  If the door was opened once the alarm was armed the horn would honk and the lights would flash until you put the key in the ignition.  I actually found out i had a factory alarm in my 84 elan by accident. I left my windows open all the way and locked the doors with them closed, and when i later opened the doors using the inside door handle the alarm went off and i was like "wow".... LOL

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler