Skip to main content
Topic: Ever see these options before? (Read 3097 times) previous topic - next topic

Ever see these options before?

I cam across this console plate for 83/84 cars.  Never saw a power remote mirror car with driver power seat and manual windows.........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-FORD-1984-THUNDERBIRD-COUGAR-CONSOLE-FINISH-PANEL-/290636843742?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43ab4e4ade&vxp=mtr#ht_500wt_1180

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Reply #1
Yes, I've seen it before, but it's not common. Although a lot of the cars (most?) had power windows, remember that they were not standard on the base model Cougar or T-Bird, so it's possible to get odd combinations like this. Imagine if that car also had power locks!

Reply #2
My 88 cougar had power windows and sunroof but no power locks...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #3
that is an odd combo. I've got manual everything but mirrors but to throw in the power drivers seat is just odd.
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #4
my 88 had memory seats, whatever the hell that was.

Reply #5
Quote from: lakenheath24;388531

They remember 3 presets of seat postions
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #6
Quote from: lakenheath24;388531

Quote from: sarjxxx;388532
They remember 3 presets of seat postions

This is something that I have not heard of before and would love to have on my birds. I'm six four my wife is five two so we are constantly readjusting the seats. I'm going to guess that this is a rather rare option?
...and there was light!

Reply #7
i hope not.  I kinda tossed the seats.  I kept the electronic bits underneath though.

Reply #8
I always thought the only cars to feature the memory seats were the 87 Anniversary Cougars.
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

Reply #9
I've never heard of memory seats in any other Fox Cougar/Thunderbird other than the 20th Anniversary Cougars.
Anything is possible, but there is zero evidence in all of my books and experience to indicate otherwise.

Power recline was a popular option...it had nothing to do with memory seating though.

Reply #10
Quote from: EricCoolCats;388688
I've never heard of memory seats in any other Fox Cougar/Thunderbird other than the 20th Anniversary Cougars.

This is disappointing. :( Would have been an awesome option for Ford to add to the already impressive list of options! Why take the time to design and engineer something for just one year for one car? lol....
...and there was light!

Reply #11
I dunno,
I was just pulling the stock seats and saw this extra electronic piece on the bottom.  It's just a long thin blue thing sandwiched between two pieces of metal.  I dont remember seeing a switch anywhere for "memory seats", but that is what the tag said.

Reply #12
you can have the switch if thats what it is.

Reply #13
It was already an option for the Mark VII somewhere around 1986-87, so Ford just shifted the parts over to the Cougar. I imagine it wouldn't be terribly difficult to transfer things over to a Cougar or T-Bird. Just have to find a place to mount the switch.

Reply #14
Not worth it. My wife was is 5'2" and I'm 6'4". Wore two motors out it two years. Only way to go is manual.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com