Skip to main content
Topic: prop valve installation under dash or under hood (Read 897 times) previous topic - next topic

prop valve installation under dash or under hood

it's an adjustable
i'm not sure how i can do it
some suggestion with pics !!

Reply #1
Pretty sure if you ever plan to race it, they (whatever sanctioning body) will keep you off the track for having flammable fluids inside the car...so definitely under hood for it.

Plus, it's not something that you'll be constantly adjusting. Set it, and forget it. :)
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #2
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;388257
Pretty sure if you ever plan to race it, they (whatever sanctioning body) will keep you off the track for having flammable fluids inside the car...so definitely under hood for it.

Plus, it's not something that you'll be constantly adjusting. Set it, and forget it. :)

;)  AFAIK, brake fluid isn't flammable. 

You can mount it pretty much anywhere you want, but under the hood is best for a street car.  Once you get it dialed in, there's nothing else you need to do with it.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #3
^ Errr yeah, for some reason, I was thinking brake cleaner, not brake fluid..brain fart I guess.:rollin::shoothead
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #4
for sure it's easier to put it undr the hood for the linings
it's gonna require a couple of in and out the car to set it well
thanx for the replies

Reply #5
Yeah, under the dash would require a lot of plumbing for something you'll set once and leave alone...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #6
have all my fittings
doing this t-nite
will set it under hood