Skip to main content
Topic: Transmission Mount '88 TC (Read 2835 times) previous topic - next topic

Transmission Mount '88 TC

Was ordering some Energy Suspension pieces for my sway bars, rear control arms, and such. I wanted to order an Energy Suspension trans mount to but the image Summit shows doesn't look compatible with the t-5 TC mount.

Anyone tried it or have any other suggestions for a trans mount?

Link to trans mount at Summit.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ENS-4-1104G/Application/?prefilter=0
...and there was light!

Reply #1
That is the correct mount.
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

Reply #2
Are those regular rubber bushings?
1987 turbo coupe 5speed: Boport stage 3 head/2.5 cam , Precision stage 3 50trim .63 turbo, Tial 38mm wastegate, Jangus gutted/ported intake manifolds, 60mm tb, Jangus open dumptube, Jangus 3" elbow, Perrin boost controller,Esslinger adjustable cam pulley, Esslinger small crank pulley, stinger FMI, RFL BOV, Spec stage 3 clutch, B&M short throw, 140 speedo, Walbo 255lph, BBK fpr, 3G alternator, ARP studs.  Be faster... :poke:

Reply #3
or polyurethane or maybe a mix?
1987 turbo coupe 5speed: Boport stage 3 head/2.5 cam , Precision stage 3 50trim .63 turbo, Tial 38mm wastegate, Jangus gutted/ported intake manifolds, 60mm tb, Jangus open dumptube, Jangus 3" elbow, Perrin boost controller,Esslinger adjustable cam pulley, Esslinger small crank pulley, stinger FMI, RFL BOV, Spec stage 3 clutch, B&M short throw, 140 speedo, Walbo 255lph, BBK fpr, 3G alternator, ARP studs.  Be faster... :poke:

Reply #4
Oh never mind....

Reply #5
Tom are you sure? I remember my TC having a single stud coming out of the bottom, not two studs? Thanks for the help!
...and there was light!

Reply #6
Haaa Just noticed that it has threads in the center, so you could just use the center whole instead of the outside wholes. Right?

...and there was light!

Reply #7
i just checked mine, it's a single stud.. a rustang crossmember would give you the 2 stud slots, if you really wanted to go that direction
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #8
LOL didn; even notice.. what a bi.. you know.. lol

3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #9
I had one of those and couldn't use it with a 88TC crossmember. I had to go with the single stud style and returned the poly part.

Reply #10
Quote from: flylear45;384702
I had one of those and couldn't use it with a 88TC crossmember. I had to go with the single stud style and returned the poly part.

Why couldn't you use it?
...and there was light!

Reply #11
The 3 hole is the correct one. I have used several over the years. Or get out your MAKITA  that makes it fit for sure if it is a two hole !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

Reply #12
Quote from: TOM Renzo;384720
The 3 hole is the correct one. I have used several over the years. Or get out your MAKITA  that makes it fit for sure if it is a two hole !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After realizing that it has three holes I feel sure you are correct! It was one of the several items that I ordered today, so we will know for sure in a couple of days.

Thanks for the help Tom!
...and there was light!

Reply #13
i demand updates of your install.. by the moment! lol i think i need a new 1 for my lone 4 banger.. when i checked to see if it was a single or double earlier.. lets just say it didn't look like a rubber mount anymore lol

Reply #14
I will install it as soon as it gets here, mine is toast as well!

I have a vibration above 70, that comes and goes depending on throttle position, that I just can't find. I have replaced tailshaft bushing, universals, then driveshaft. I am going to replace the trans mount and if it doesn't fix the vibration (doubtful) I am going to yank the entire rear out of one of the other cars and replace the whole rear! So needless to say I am getting desperate for it to go away! lol
...and there was light!