Skip to main content
Topic: My 87 Tbird and cougar (Read 6416 times) previous topic - next topic

My 87 Tbird and cougar

Reply #30
I went and looked at the bird's motor today, I was mistaken it is a super victor:) I don't know why I keep thinking it is a victor j, anyways that cheered me up. Ok, I will start posting some of the camaro shots.

This is a 91 T-top camaro that frame was all made from scratch! There was nothing there originally. We plated the front subframe with 3/8" Steel.

XXX

My 87 Tbird and cougar

Reply #31
XXXWe are keeping stock style suspension and stock body lines.

My 87 Tbird and cougar

Reply #32
XXX

My 87 Tbird and cougar

Reply #33
XXX

My 87 Tbird and cougar

Reply #34
XX

My 87 Tbird and cougar

Reply #35
The engine is a 454 stroked and bored to 500ish, not sure what heads to use yet, probably Brodix aluminum. Full Billet Specialties serpentine setup with Dyers 8-71 black wrinkle finish with blower snout modified to work the serpentine setup.

XXX

My 87 Tbird and cougar

Reply #36
Oh and here are the tires, Had the wheels made at US MAG the fronts didn't fit the tires so now I had to make 2 more front wheel in a narrower width.

XXX

My 87 Tbird and cougar

Reply #37
So now the current dilemma is we have to narrow the rear 6-8", tilt the engine forward more to get the proper pinion angle as you can see in the last picture the diff needs to come up 4 to 5 inches. I want the tire to tuck up into the fender. Also in the engine pix, you can see the rad support has to be cut out, dropped and moved forward to clear the modified blower pulley setup

My 87 Tbird and cougar

Reply #38
Holy hell.

That is some SERIOUS metal craftsmanship. WOW!!!! The foxes look awesome...that bird is something else. Those custom angular-bodied rear ends are the craziest looking automotive component. You said "this time it will be all or nothing". I can see you live by that statement...
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

My 87 Tbird and cougar

Reply #39
WOW.. i wasn't expecting that! lol very nice work.. i really like your panhard bar mount.. the frame work looks very similar to what i have planned for my black bird.. if i can find my folder with all my chassis/susp designs, i'll upload a pic.. again, VERY nice!

and i had a slight sigh of relief when i read that it's a super victor lol
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

My 87 Tbird and cougar

Reply #40
HOLY BLOWER! lol

3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

My 87 Tbird and cougar

Reply #42
Another tip that would have helped a bit, if you are narrowing your rear end use an adjustable control arm for a panhard bar instead of cutting a stock length one down, we just couldn't seem to get it straight no matter how many times we tried. Also when doing a build like this get the wheels and tire you plan on running first!! Then build the car around them. That is easier than having to make changes twice. Also build a setup you can grow into; again, so you don't have to build it again! I made this mistake several times over before I learned. The camaro really snowballed out of control on me, I was only supposed to slap a running 454 in it and call it good, but I ran into problem after problem.

My 87 Tbird and cougar

Reply #43
Very nice buildups man.  The fabrication work on the Camaro is top notch!
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

My 87 Tbird and cougar

Reply #44
i know all about having the toys before i start building.. i, too, have backed myself into the corner too many times to go that route again lol.. i already have my wheels.. maybe.. if i make the money to build an outlaw 10.5, than i need to trade down in size.. if not, i'll go for 8.50 index and run my 15x15 with 5.5bs and 15x5 prostars.. no tires, as we all know what happens to tires if they sit around for a long period of time.. lol

but here's my frame design.. i transferred it to the computer on paint, but it's not final yet.. i have to actually take measurements and bring it to scale.. i'll do that when it gets closer to the time to actually start working on the car.. hopefully by summer (crossing my fingers)