Reply #17
Wow dude! Nice!!!!!!!
...and there was light!

And one last pic...Those are my 2 87 Foxes

Reply #18
X

My 87 Tbird and cougar

Reply #19
I love a story with a happy ending.  Got a laugh out of the dog chasing you.

My 87 Tbird and cougar

Reply #20
I'd love to see the Bird when it's all done

My 87 Tbird and cougar

Reply #21
what you've done with your bird is very similar to what i'm doing with my black bird.. love it! would love to hear some specs on your motor!
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

My 87 Tbird and cougar

Reply #22
Well the heads are just cheap Patriot Heads off the 347 I had that blew up before it even broke in. I ditched the stud mount rockers and went with some prototype shaft ones with a one off cam from Comp Cams, my buddy (who owns an engine machine shop) was talkin back and forth with a comp cam technician before deciding on a grind. The cam lobes are nearly as tall as bearing journals:) Brad (my buddy) spent a week reworking the heads, consisting of porting, polishing, milling, regrinding where the valves sit, 5 or 7 angle valve job (not sure can't remember what he was explaining), the cam is 680 lift max. I think we are sitting at 11 to 1 compression for running nitrous (300hp shot is our end goal). No accessories up front, just a balancer and that's all, everything else is electric. Victor Jr intake manifold with 750cfm demon carb. The rotating assembly is good to 1200hp. All ARP fasteners, and the best stuff we could find, the only thing we did wrong was not going bigger! I wish I could tell you more, but that is all I know.

My 87 Tbird and cougar

Reply #23
whoa.. victor jr? i would have went with a super victor on top, especially with that demon.. i strongly recommend having your friend spend some time porting the #1, 4, 5 and 8 runners on the intake, as they're known for being a little restrictive and sometimes cause lean problems in those cylinders. if you were still in the market for an intake, i'd have suggested a parker funnel web.. although i'm highly anti-NO2, the funnel web is great for nitrous and forced induction.. the runner volume murders the victor jr, hands down

3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

My 87 Tbird and cougar

Reply #24
We were going with the Parker funnel web, but seen a couple of em crack. Yeah the victor j is ported too:) We just went with what we had at the time. This combo is just to get us started. I really wanna try one of plastic composite intakes, have you heard anyone tryin em? We have a couple different combos to try. If the car ever gets finished, we will change out the motor and put a milder cam in it and make it a street engine, and go for more cubes and forced induction next time around. We built the car to take 1500 to 1800 hp.

My 87 Tbird and cougar

Reply #25
just judging by the pictures of the toys you bought her, she looks plenty capable of handling 1500+hp.. in my experience, i've never seen a funnel web crack, except 1 guy who overtorqued the 2 rear bolts on the driver side.. and by over torqued, i mean way over torqued.. i have 4 of them, no issues.. only thing i don't like about them is the super sloppy casting slag left around the inside of the 'clover..' nothing that can't be fixed while porting..

as for composite intakes, can't say i have any experience with them or heard anything, for that matter.. i'm thinking about building a sheetmetal intake for the DART 408 i'm building for my black bird.. that's still a long way off, though.. i'm not even sure if i'm keeping it a 408 or going bigger.. i bought it complete minus carb for $850 because it kept blowing head gaskets at the top end of the track

My 87 Tbird and cougar

Reply #26
Are you going forced induction? What will be running for rear end and trans?

PS: If you like the Tbird, you should see the camaro I am building! Same as the bird, but everything is hand made, no kits! Making all the brackets, cage, square tube chassis from scratch!

My 87 Tbird and cougar

Reply #27
not sure yet.. my blue bird has a boosted 413w and my capri has a boosted 408w.. i'm not sure what route i want to take the black car.. i thought about building an alcohol motor, but it all depends on the cash flow at the time of the actual motor build.. chassis first, drivetrain 2nd lol

what i do know is, if i can afford it (oh i sure hope so!), i want to run a lenco CS1 3 speed.. i'm going to order a strange housing and fill it with all the goodies myself, including a spool.. since i have other street toys, this car is going to be an all out, sh*t-n-git race car.. i've also considered building the hell out of the 408 and turning it into an outlaw 10.5 car.. that's my dream, but will take a lot of work

and i'd love to see the camaro! i do a lot of chassis work, so hand-made parts are my thing.. it's always interesting to see what other people come up with

My 87 Tbird and cougar

Reply #28
Yeah that Outlaw 10.5 class is just nuts, I love watching em race on TV. There's no way in heck you'd catch me trying run that much power on such a small tire, but then again the tracks are prepped real good down there, up here it takes a couple days of street cars laying rubber and a barrel of VHT before the race cars start to hook, but it makes for excitement when watching. I will try get some pics of the camaro after work.

My 87 Tbird and cougar

Reply #29
sweet! can't wait to see it! the outlaw 10.5's are a lot of fun to watch from the burnout box.. hearing the turbo cars spool and take off (and actually hook on that small tire) is just exhilarating