Skip to main content
Topic: Death of a Volvo (Read 3710 times) previous topic - next topic

Death of a Volvo

This is what happens when someone turns left on green and you run into them.

The car I punished for pulling out in front of me.

Most likely going to be fully their fault.  I had a green and they decided to turn across traffic, even though they couldn't see what was coming.

I was probably doing 40 when I hit.

Once I got the radiator pulled away from the engine, I drove the car up into the drive.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Death of a Volvo

Reply #1
. Think youre going to be able to save the volvo?

Death of a Volvo

Reply #2
Ouch, that's the good thing about Volvos though; they're safe cars.
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Death of a Volvo

Reply #3
Quote from: Chuck W;380099
The car I punished for pulling out in front of me.

Well, from the looks of it, I don't think you'll have to worry about that other car anymore. I think a tree would be proud of the curvature you seem to have induced.
1983 Tbird with '03 Split Port V6 motor swap done! Headers, dual exhaust, 500CFM Edelbrock, 3G upgrade, Electric fan. 3.73 Gears and an FRPP Limited Slip. Five lug complete! 5-Speed conversion complete! Standalone Fuel Injection in progress...

Death of a Volvo

Reply #4
Are YOU ok ??
Fox-less at the moment

Death of a Volvo

Reply #5
Quote from: hypostang;380113
Are YOU ok ??

Yup, just going to be a little sore the next couple days.

Death of a Volvo

Reply #6
Good to hear you're okay Chuck. Sucks about the Volvo. Always liked the way it looked.
88 TC 5speed, 168000+ miles, stock 2.3T long block, ported RFE6 exhaust, Evergreen T3 running 15#'s.
Up next: FMIC, fresh air intake, ported intakes, ported big valve head.

Death of a Volvo

Reply #7
Glad you are OK!  Sucks about the Volvo though.
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

Death of a Volvo

Reply #8
Glad to hear you're ok Chuck. Too bad about the Volvo, but it sacrificed it self to keep you safe.

Nice impression of a tree you did though..... lol

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Death of a Volvo

Reply #9
Wow, that was quite a hit! Glad to see you're okay. How about the people that got hit? If there was a passenger, by the looks of the car I'd say they're going to be hurting for quite a while.

Death of a Volvo

Reply #10
Quote from: 1Bad88tbird;380146
Wow, that was quite a hit! Glad to see you're okay. How about the people that got hit? If there was a passenger, by the looks of the car I'd say they're going to be hurting for quite a while.

There wasn't anyone in the pass seat, but she did have a child in the back seat.  The driver might've banged her head on the side window, but the little girl was OK.

Death of a Volvo

Reply #11
That's good the little one was okay. You would think people would be more careful when they have kids in the car. I bet she will be from now on.

Death of a Volvo

Reply #12
Glad to hear everyone is OK.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Death of a Volvo

Reply #13
Darn Chuck, I'm glad you are OK!
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Death of a Volvo

Reply #14
Glad every one is okay. Knew it was going to be ugly after seeing pics of the Volvo. Those are tough. Not to sound insensitive but kudos for taking out that SB. I can't wait for the day to see mine in a crusher.

I was just looking at one of those Volvos the other day. I don't know why I like them but I do. http://providence.craigslist.org/ctd/2774073884.html
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~