Skip to main content
Topic: Post your 2012 Tbird/Cougar TO-DO list (Read 10550 times) previous topic - next topic

Post your 2012 Tbird/Cougar TO-DO list

Reply #30
Quote from: V8Demon;378321
Paint went down on the body last night and on the bumpers, moulding, and mirrors today.  Body is all wet sanded and polished.  Went with an OEM color from another manufacturer........  Night Hawk Black.  It's a Honda color.

Cool man.  Post up some pics when finished.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #31
1. Order a SHLOAD of parts
2. Install and plumb fuel cell
3. Run and install battery reloaction
4. Install TC springs and shocks
5. Install tranny xmember
6. Install driveshaft and new pinion seal.
7 Install a bunch of other stuff I cant remember.

Reply #32
Being as my car is a rolling shell, mine is more a novel than a list, but a few things that come to mind

1. Finish body work and get everything at least in primer (may stay that way for a while, I love the primer look)
2. SFC's (wasn't high up on my list til I joined this forum)
3. rebuild/upgrade front and rear suspension
4. Battery to trunk
5. 5 lug swap so I can put some decent brakes on it (stock are barely adequate for a bicycle)
6. add a couple hundred horsies to the wheezing 130hp 302 (maybe 351 in future, still not sure yet)
7. full gauges
8. maybe a t5
9. trak-lok and something lower than 2.73's
10. stumble upon large amount of money to make the above list happen (I do accept donations :D )
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Bebe! 1980 Thunderbird, 302 & AOD are the only option boxes checked

Reply #33
Looks like there are lots of ambitious plans for 2012!  Hope the car gods are with you guys.

I've located an A4 block and forged rotating assembly.  A set of ported 192 Canfields (finally got them back after two years...), Kooks headers, RPM II intake and a 1 inch bigger crank pulley on the blower, plus some supporting equipment.

Got to be done, tuned and sorted by June 1st for the HRPT.

Reply #34
Quote from: 86T-bird;378441
Looks like there are lots of ambitious plans for 2012!  Hope the car gods are with you guys.

I've located an A4 block and forged rotating assembly.  A set of ported 192 Canfields (finally got them back after two years...), Kooks headers, RPM II intake and a 1 inch bigger crank pulley on the blower, plus some supporting equipment.

VERY NICE!  Gonna do any dyno runs?  lol.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #35
I'm gonna finish my 5 speed swap. I bought a T5 along with the pedal assembly and the bell housing, but I never got around to getting the rest.
2002 Honda Civic EX

1984 Ford Thunderbird Elan
5.0 CFI, T5, Dual Exhaust

Reply #36
Quote from: 50tbrd88;378497
VERY NICE!  Gonna do any dyno runs?  lol.

On the Tour?  If its sorted out, sure! 

I've drag raced and auto crossed at other HRPT's.  Just depends on the events at the venues I've attended (and if I got there in time!).  They're usually a riot to watch and partite in.

Reply #37
Quote from: 86T-bird;378441

You were running a "XXX" roller block before?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #38
Quote from: thunderjet302;378540
You were running a "XXX" roller block before?

Oh yeah.  The old line: "never enough money or time to do it right the first time, but always money and time to do it again" rings pretty true when pushing an xxx block...

Reply #39
Quote from: DVP;378283
Well to start Im pulling it out of storage and getting it tagged.

Now if i can keep my automotive-ADD under control here is my current plans.
  • 351- GT40 (Non P) heads, Cam & Intake (TBD)
  • MAF conversion
  • Equal Length Shorties
  • Possible C-4 swap. Trying to figure out if I can make an AOD hold for as cheap as I can swap a decent C-4 in.
  • New lers, HATE Flowmasters, Possible side exit out 1/4 panel
  • 5 lug swap
  • 17" wheels- Stock Mustang is some form
  • 8.8" swap when the 7.5" goes BOOM
  • SFC, possibly jack rails
  • Put interior back together
  • Replace bumper skin with TC skin
  • Swap hoods
  • New shocks, Possibly struts
  • New springs
  • 13" Cobras - If things go right

Im ready to throw some money at this car. Id like to get it moving under some decent power, then start dealing with body issues. Im shooting for 350/350 but all i want is 300s.

Honestly if I can get the suspension semi sorted out (wheel/brakes included) it will be a more successful year than the last 2 or 3
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #40
Get car tuned correctly (Mass-flo isn't a plug and play solution and tech support and me haven't seen eye to eye)

Move ratchet shifter back from stock location, remove arm rest and fab seat + mirror switches into cover for ratchet shifter

Fix c4 leak, not sure where it is coming from but if it sets any at all it needs a couple quarts to motivate it. May switch to AOD and put some DD miles on it

Drive car
88 Turbocoupe: Coast High Performance 331 kit 28oz balance, Comp XE264HR14 cam, 58cc 185 afr heads, 1.7 roller rockers, Mass-Flo EFI (was POS to setup and their techline is a joke at best)
Full 1 5/8 primary equal length headers, 2 1/2 exhaust, Full manual reverse VB c4 and baked off clear coat "BECAUSE RACECAR"

Reply #41
Quote from: Soul;378999
Drive car

There's the bottom  line!

Reply #42
Quote from: DVP;378283
Well to start Im pulling it out of storage and getting it tagged.

Now if i can keep my automotive-ADD under control here is my current plans.
  • 351- GT40 (Non P) heads, Cam & Intake (TBD)
  • MAF conversion
  • Equal Length Shorties
  • Possible C-4 swap. Trying to figure out if I can make an AOD hold for as cheap as I can swap a decent C-4 in.
  • New lers, HATE Flowmasters, Possible side exit out 1/4 panel
  • 5 lug swap
  • 17" wheels- Stock Mustang is some form
  • 8.8" swap when the 7.5" goes BOOM
  • SFC, possibly jack rails
  • Put interior back together
  • Replace bumper skin with TC skin
  • Swap hoods
  • New shocks, Possibly struts
  • New springs
  • 13" Cobras - If things go right

Im ready to throw some money at this car. Id like to get it moving under some decent power, then start dealing with body issues. Im shooting for 350/350 but all i want is 300s.

Dillion, it's time for the resurection?

Reply #43
Ya its been sitting for couple months after Fuel Injection upgrade, I'm too far from it and no time off.
88 Turbocoupe: Coast High Performance 331 kit 28oz balance, Comp XE264HR14 cam, 58cc 185 afr heads, 1.7 roller rockers, Mass-Flo EFI (was POS to setup and their techline is a joke at best)
Full 1 5/8 primary equal length headers, 2 1/2 exhaust, Full manual reverse VB c4 and baked off clear coat "BECAUSE RACECAR"

Reply #44
- CHE rear control arms
- 8.8 rear end with disc brakes (if i can find one)
- 11" front brake upgrade with continental calipers and stainless steel brake hoses
- Repair trunk panels
- Install an amp for the cabin speakers
- Paint/POR the entire inside of the trunk (provided somebody helps me to patch the holes rotted in the trunk)
- Eibach sway bars
- 5.0 HO with 347 stroker upgrade (if i have the cash to finish the build)
- Aluminum driveshaft (if I can figure out where to get one made/modified)
- clean the headlights, take those reflector things of the taillights to make them clearer/nicer
1988 Cougar LS - Cinnabar/Rose Quartz Metallic two tone - 3.8 V6 - Rescue
1988 Cougar LS - Cinnabar/Rose Quartz Metallic two tone - 5.0 V8 - Survivor