Skip to main content
Topic: Car youd like to own (realistic) (Read 4974 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Car youd like to own (realistic)

Reply #30
Quote from: dominator
All i gotta say is:
My 87 bird or 75 coug done by chip foose!

Somebody needs overhauled, couldnt agree more!!!!

Reply #31
Quote from: Tbird232ci
and still probably broke down a few times...

my aunt had an 81, and the turbo technology from chevy was so...lacking, that under boost, they had a tendancy to run very lean

draw through turbo/carb setups didnt work very well on the 2.3L fords...so GM put it on a Pontiac 301...interesting

Yeah, the 301 is a dog. Car isn't fast but it looks like it. Niether one of them have had any breaking down issues with it though. Now it doesn't travel any further than 10 miles or so from his house unless it's trailered.

Reply #32
Yeah, those 301's were garbage, turbo'd or not. My third car, an '80 Formula, had the 301 4-bbl and it was JUNK. Looked very good, but JUNK. My next car after that one, and my first Thunderbird, had the 3.8 and would run rings around it.

I have heard nothing good about the first turbo T/A, but , they look good. If I had one I'd yank the 301/turbo drivetrain and stuff a 455 or a built TPI 350 in. Now, the second turbo T/A (89, wasn't it?) was HOT HOT HOT!!! Buick GN drivetrain in a much lighter Firebird body...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #33
Oh. Didn't know that about the turbo TA V8's. Oh well. It's not like the wife would ever let me buy one of those 'greasemobiles' anyway. :rolleyes: She cringes at the sight of any F-body between the second Gen and second last. (poor girl was raised in a ford home) :disappoin

I supose a guy could always drop a turboed BB in one. :hick:

Reply #34
Quote from: Chuck W
Or you could combine the two  :hick:

What are you thinking good sir? :grinno:
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #35
i forgot to mention another one id love to have

1991-92 Pontiac Firebird GTA
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #36
A maruader or focus mine is quite a short list

Reply #37
I had one more, but you specified (realistic). And from what I understand Eric would never give it up.

Reply #38
had one more, but you specified (realistic). And from what I understand Eric would never give it up

Maybe, we dont know...

Hey Mr. Dess, how is 15,000 USD for it ?

1985 Mercury Cougar V6
1989 F-200 V8
1996 Explorer V6
2001 F-150

Reply #39
first off i allready have 2 of my dream cars
#1 Blackjack
#2 my project '66 Chevelle

cars i want:
#1 1971 Plymouth GTX

#2 1971 Plymouth Duster 340

#3 1968 Mustang "Bullitt"

#4 THIS MERC!

#5 oh yeah cant forget about Eleanor ;)

Reply #40
Hey Mr. Dess, how is 15,000 USD for it

Somehow, I think Eric would part with it IF you added an extra zero at the end of that number.....
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #41
Hey Mr. Dess, how is 15,000 USD for it ?

Ahhhh, you guys made my day!!! I haven't laughed that hard since I saw a picture of Shawn's mom naked.  :tg:

I really don't see a situation where I'd ever need to sell the convertible. As long as I'm alive there are no plans for a 'For Sale' sign on my car (Will's pseudo-extortion photo from the hotel at Carlisle a few years ago doesn't count)...sorry to dash dreams here. The car is willed to someone who won't sell it either.

Alex has been trying for, what, maybe half a year now? Ask him about his progress.... :flame:

Reply #42
Quote from: darkthunder
What are you thinking good sir? :grinno:

*Looks at SHO engine on stand, CAD drawing for adapter to 5.0 T-5 and 84 XR-7*

What do you think I'm thinking? ;) Well, more than thinking....doing.  Gotta get the Tbird back on the road first.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #43
mid 90's toyota 4 door with smallest possible motor and a slush box. $8000.00 stereo system, 5 dvd screens $800.00 ler, Clear taillights, a wing tall enough to catch phone wires, cut down coil springs so low that my freinds have to get out of the car when i pull into7/11.
oh wait thats half the cars in the high school parking lot.
rice rice baby oohhh yeahhhh
Baylensman 97 XR7

Reply #44
Quote from: EricCoolCats
The car is willed to someone who won't sell it either.

That's right!  You don't have to worry, Eric, when you die, I won't let any of these s buy it from me!  :grinno: