Skip to main content
Topic: Car youd like to own (realistic) (Read 4978 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Car youd like to own (realistic)

Reply #60
My realistic dream cars are as follows:

55 Ford Thunderbird

Any year Saleen S281 Mustang

A 87-93 Mustang with my motor and rear end I have waiting for it.

ANd the one I already have, my TurboCoupe with the H.O. put in it.
:birdsmily: Nate Wenck
Carroll IA
nwenck@msn.com
07 Suzuki Boulevard C50T
2003 Ford F-150 Supercrew

Reply #61
Quote from: Thunder Chicken
but I'd just love to "get back" at those guys that take the easy (and very, very boring) way out by dropping small block Chevies into everything. I've got nothing against Chevy, but keep the Chevy engines in Chevies.

Save your 350 for a '49 torpedo-back Chevy. Put a 351 in your '49 Ford. Hemi up that Airflow or Desoto. Et cetera...

No worries man, I agree that this is a stupid trend than needs to go out of style. The problem is, the SBC will always be the first father-son project engine, just because it's easy work, and a great learning tool. That said, there will always be some body in some field with no engine they can drop their project into.

But please, leave the COPO's alone. :D When you see an ultra-rare Ford with an SBC, then bitch slap the guy, and leave it at that. Two wrongs don't make a right. (don't make me pull out another cliche)

I know you'll never follow through on this though, just because I don't see you being the type of idiot who drops anything but a Ford in a Ford, or Chevy in a Chevy.

Oh, and for every 350 Shelby Cobra you see, (they're more common than 427's now) here's to sand in the gas tank. :D

And a new addition to my list, the '05 Chevy SSR. They put the LS2 and six speed from the Vette in it this year, and did some major chassis work to make it more solid and cure the underpowering issue.

390hp 405tq + blower = awesome SSR that I need! First mod, loose the plastic engine cover!

Reply #62
Sorry really cant get into the ssr but this is something i could get into

(Forgot that i added in that owned yesturday night)

Reply #63
1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator in Compitition Orange

Reply #64
Additions to the list:

A Pantera.
An early-90s body style MR2.
An early-70s Opel Manta A for my mother.
A late-70s Thunderbird for my grandmother.