Skip to main content
Topic: Nice cheap RC Helicopter for $20 (Read 3149 times) previous topic - next topic

Nice cheap RC Helicopter for $20

Reply #1
i had 1 similar to that.. they like to fly towards trees.. lol it was a lot of fun until the wind took it out of range, at which point it was never to be seen again.. harbor freight sells some bigger 1's i've been eying up for 70 bucks
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #2
These are better indoors.. we've crashed it about 20 times today with trying different things with it and this thing is very durable.  We had a whole course laid out with flans blowing and stuff and other obsticles,  I won $10 so far lol..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #3
A bit more money but much more fun. It's not a co-exe so it requires a bit more skill but once you have it down it's great indoors and decent outdoors (it's 2.4gz rather than infa-red like those co-axe) with little or no wind. Nice, easy, affordable stepping stool towards learning to fly "hobby level" heli. It's basically a knock of Blade MSR.

http://www.helipal.com/gw-xieda-9958-mini-helicopter-2-4ghz-black-edition.html
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #4
That is nice.. I'll go with cheap guy now,  my daughter is 5 so that should be good for her.. My next will be the one you Posted.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #5
I have the red one. I took it to my dads place in ga and flew it above the tree line(about 40ft) and it lost signal and fell to the ground and it still works, VERY durable.Lots of fun, I have started giving these to every b-day kid and they love them
1986 T-bird
347 stroker motor
185 AFR Heads
TrickFlow cam 224/232-542/563
Victor Jr. intake CNC ported
Quickfuel Holley 800 cfm
Hooker 1-3/4 long tubes
Custom built AOD
B&M 3000 stall
8.8 w/4.30 gears
UPR K-member,A-Arms,and coil-overs
UPR upper/lower control arms
Strange shocks/struts
26x10x15 M/T slicks
11.48@119.27
(coming soon Tremec 3550)
The Finished Product
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/03grinnie/T-bird/

Reply #6
Quote from: Bob;372337
That is nice.. I'll go with cheap guy now,  my daughter is 5 so that should be good for her.. My next will be the one you Posted.
They are a lot of fun. 4ch flight is a bit more involved but much more fun. I had a Blade MSR but sold it after i bought my Blade MCPX. I'll probably buy the one i posted this winter though as its much tamer for the indoors then the MCPX. I've also got a Gaui Hurricane 550 but it still makes me nervous for some reason. The size and head speed humble you. Great hobby though. Best place to start is with a sim like RealFlight.

~John~

Reply #7
I watched some videos of the Gaui Hurricane 550 on youtube that thing looks wicked fast.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #8
It is. Its got some size to it as well. Still intimidating to me. I'm still very cautious with it. I can loop, roll ,fly inverted and do fast circuits with the MCPX though. It's not scarry. But the Hurri is a great heli. at a great price.

~John~

Reply #9
Whoa,
Thanks for the link!, That does look like a nice one and did you guys notice it was on closeout (85% off reg price, haha).
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Reply #10
I got one for a gag gift,they sent it next day air for free. how do they make money?
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #11
I fly a blade CX2 and a blade 120 SR both are alot of fun and are at the hobby level.  takes alot of practice and patience and $$$  with broken blades and such.  been pretty good at flying them indoors and out.

Reply #12
Quote from: Kitz Kat;372559
I got one for a gag gift,they sent it next day air for free. how do they make money?
Off of cheap labor on the hands of children in China.

Quote from: 88turbo;372571
I fly a blade CX2 and a blade 120 SR both are alot  of fun and are at the hobby level.  takes alot of practice and patience  and $$$  with broken blades and such.  been pretty good at flying them  indoors and out.
If you can fly the 120 you are already way past the CX2. Get a MCPX and do a frame and brush-less mod to it. You're ready.

~John~

Reply #14
Not the biggest fan of helicopters. I have played with a couple dual rotors, and there fun, but those mini lipo's do not last long enough to really get used to it. They run down so quick that almost all that you do is adjust the trim. Really tough though. My dad had 4 or 5 and two of them still fly, others were canibalized for parts here and there.

I have been flying a slow stick r/c airplane. Lots of fun, but frustrating right now. I have been through 3 motors now. First one I lost the plane in a lot of wind ove some tree's 200+ feet high. Found the plane about 1/4 mile away in someones front yard. Killed the battery and motor, and one plastic wing mount. It must have went down full throttle, because the battery came loose and went through the prop, and the tio of the motor shaft was almost an inch in the ground.

Second two motors, I went with the style of motor and mount my dad runs on his. It works fine, but the stupid set screws keep vibrating out. Last motor pulled all the wires out and bent the shaft when it hit the air frame, the second one twisted the wires all the way around. Haven't looked at it yet to see if I pulled the wires out yet.

I'm running a 400 sized brushless motor with a 25 amp esc, and 1500-1800 millamp 3 cell lipo's. Plane weighs almost twice what my dads does, and still runs out of verticle. My dad is running 3 cell 800's, but with how much lighter his is, it fly's a lot better low and slow.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com