Skip to main content
Topic: HID Kit (Read 1208 times) previous topic - next topic

HID Kit

http://plasmagarage.com/XenonHIDconversionKit.html

What do you guys think of the kit they have for the 9007 bulbs? Also do I need to drill and mount a Projector housing in the center of my headlight assembly? I know it says works with OEM housing but? Trying to wrap my head around this. I already stripped and cleaned the headlights which helped alot but compared to my 2002 ranger it leaves much to be desired. Another option I was looking at was a harness sold by rjminjection that puts 14volts to the headlights. Its 80 vs 200 but which would be best in performance.
88 Turbocoupe: Coast High Performance 331 kit 28oz balance, Comp XE264HR14 cam, 58cc 185 afr heads, 1.7 roller rockers, Mass-Flo EFI (was POS to setup and their techline is a joke at best)
Full 1 5/8 primary equal length headers, 2 1/2 exhaust, Full manual reverse VB c4 and baked off clear coat "BECAUSE RACECAR"

HID Kit

Reply #1
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=205

Actually this looks better, from what I sum up these don't need a reflector. Am I right in that assumption?
88 Turbocoupe: Coast High Performance 331 kit 28oz balance, Comp XE264HR14 cam, 58cc 185 afr heads, 1.7 roller rockers, Mass-Flo EFI (was POS to setup and their techline is a joke at best)
Full 1 5/8 primary equal length headers, 2 1/2 exhaust, Full manual reverse VB c4 and baked off clear coat "BECAUSE RACECAR"

HID Kit

Reply #2
That kit comes with a reflector housing that you would have to install into the stock headlight housing. Neat idea, but honestly I think they would look really silly in there. Just my opinion.
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

HID Kit

Reply #3
I have an extra set of housings, think I might try this. Right now I feel unsafe cruising at night, had more than a couple close calls with some deer. One example was 3 in the road and I had to zig between them, luckily none moved.