Skip to main content
Topic: RHD 83 Heritage (Read 25636 times) previous topic - next topic

RHD 83 Heritage

Reply #30
Yeh, i'll pull the tail lights out and take a look at whats been done to change things over.

i'll need to get measurements for the height, but the tyres are 225/50/17's
83 Thunderbird Heritage - Right Hand Drive
95 Falcon GLi

RHD 83 Heritage

Reply #31
got out on the weekend and pulled the pin striping off.
much prefer it :D

95 Falcon GLi

RHD 83 Heritage

Reply #32
nice bird..... Is it me, or does it look like the side moulding is off an 87-88..... just chopped to fit, and flipped over......
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

RHD 83 Heritage

Reply #33
If you ever get a chance to put it on a lift I'd love to see pics of the steering setup. I'd imagine it must use some rack designed for an Aussie Ford that happens to bolt onto the Fox chassis, but it'd be neat to see...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

RHD 83 Heritage

Reply #34
Quote from: daminc;359576
nice bird..... Is it me, or does it look like the side moulding is off an 87-88..... just chopped to fit, and flipped over......

No.  Those are the "fancy" wide side moldings for the 83-84 TBirds.  Thats how they were on my car.  I didn't have any good ones for the doors (the old ones didn't come off nice), so just left them off when the car was painted.  I did look odd, as they didn't match the mouldings in front of, and behind, the wheel wells.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

RHD 83 Heritage

Reply #35
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;359577
If you ever get a chance to put it on a lift I'd love to see pics of the steering setup. I'd imagine it must use some rack designed for an Aussie Ford that happens to bolt onto the Fox chassis, but it'd be neat to see...

I'm actually keen to take a look myself, sooner or later the rack will give it up :P
like to know what its from!

when i get it in the air i'll take a look
95 Falcon GLi

RHD 83 Heritage

Reply #36
Quote from: Chuck W;359581
No.  Those are the "fancy" wide side moldings for the 83-84 TBirds.  Thats how they were on my car.  I didn't have any good ones for the doors (the old ones didn't come off nice), so just left them off when the car was painted.  I did look odd, as they didn't match the mouldings in front of, and behind, the wheel wells.

hmm... i hadn't noticed that.
they do look upside down when compared to the front/rear ones.

either way, i'm leaning towards removing the side ones completely.
looks a lot cleaner without them.
95 Falcon GLi

RHD 83 Heritage

Reply #37
LOL, they certainly are...... "Fancy"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

RHD 83 Heritage

Reply #38
Finally got around to get a Roadworthy check done today, got a list of things i need to do to get it on the road.

The throttle seems to stick a bit, mainly when cold, but its an issue, not too familiar with the CFI setup on these, so i'll have to pull the filter off and have a look.

headlight  fell off lol.

need to install a light under the t-bar so you can see the selector at night (car was converted from column shift)

Replace the RIght Hand Tail Light (current one is cracked) - still trying to get this over here, not fun :(

Replace windscreen - not looking forward to the quotes for this, would be a rareity over here, waiting on a call back.

look at the knuckles in the steering/intermediate shaft, just some play. - probably need to work out what car it came from in the first place with the RHD conversion.

replace all the flexible Brake hoses, apparently they're all looking very sorry for themselves, almost to the point of letting go.

thats about it.

all in all its not too bad a list for an almost 30 year old car.
if i can get a tail light and windscreen, the rest should be easy :D

then i can start modifying it :D
95 Falcon GLi

RHD 83 Heritage

Reply #39
Yep, there's always something. Did you get the rear indicator lights all sorted? And are you still trying to find the tail light there, or get someone to ship it?
1983 Tbird with '03 Split Port V6 motor swap done! Headers, dual exhaust, 500CFM Edelbrock, 3G upgrade, Electric fan. 3.73 Gears and an FRPP Limited Slip. Five lug complete! 5-Speed conversion complete! Standalone Fuel Injection in progress...

RHD 83 Heritage

Reply #40
I actually just tried to go without doing anything to the indicators/reverse lights, just to see if they picked on it.
they didnt mention it so i'm happy about that.

i've had someone offer to send some taillights, but progress has been slow, and postage estimates crazy.
so still considering all options.

also scared of what this windshield is going to cost me :/
95 Falcon GLi

RHD 83 Heritage

Reply #41
Wow. That is very cool. I'm so glad that car is part of the community.
"lol.. because not too many people care for that style of car"
[size=-2]Click on paw print \/[/size]

RHD 83 Heritage

Reply #42
Beautiful car! I actually like the wheels on it for some reason. The white is very good looking on that car.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

RHD 83 Heritage

Reply #43
Good news, Tail light ordered. :P
95 Falcon GLi

RHD 83 Heritage

Reply #44
Total roll reversal. I would LOVE to have an Australian Ford over here. Car looks great, but every time I look at the interior shots it throws me off lol. Good luck with it. There are plenty of good people around here that will help you get what you need.
1986 Cougar LS