Skip to main content
Topic: Soft brake question.... (Read 1735 times) previous topic - next topic

Soft brake question....

I am thinking the Sport's master cylinder is going bad, but not sure. The car has soft brakes, and seem to heat up quick when braking a little hard. No sounds of leaking air from the booster.New brakes on the car, and brake lines with no leaks. They were bled a while back with no real noticeable results. Any ideas?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Soft brake question....

Reply #1
I had that problem on the 85.  So, I figured air.  When I went to bleed the brakes I couldn't get any fluid out of the rears.  It turned out to be the master cylinder.
Armed Forces Car Club
Eastern Sierra Chapter, California
WEB:  armedforcescarclub.com

Soft brake question....

Reply #2
I think I may just swap it out.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Soft brake question....

Reply #3
Make sure you remove the casting lines first :P
Fox-less at the moment

Soft brake question....

Reply #4
Already planned in....and a polishing.

Soft brake question....

Reply #5
You're a sick man Vinnie. Car looks great, and your attention to detail is outstanding, but I think you need a hobby.
88 TC 5speed, 168000+ miles, stock 2.3T long block, ported RFE6 exhaust, Evergreen T3 running 15#'s.
Up next: FMIC, fresh air intake, ported intakes, ported big valve head.

Soft brake question....

Reply #6
Quote from: jangus;356111
I think you need a hobby.

Making shineys...... thats his bag, baby.
Mike

Soft brake question....

Reply #7
Quote from: jangus;356111
You're a sick man Vinnie. Car looks great, and your attention to detail is outstanding, but I think you need a hobby.

That stuff IS my hobby. It calms me.

Soft brake question....

Reply #8
Quote from: vinnietbird;356148
That stuff IS my hobby. It calms me.

My pedals has been feeling a little soft lately. come swap mine out too? lol

Soft brake question....

Reply #9
The Sport gets to be first. I'll find one asap and get it done. There's a guy a couple of miles from me that has the MS and booster from a Stang (Fox) and I may grab them. I'd like to have the smaller booster.

Soft brake question....

Reply #10
The bolts on the lines that go into the master cylinder on mine are seized. I've sprayed them a couple of times recently, incase it decides to  out, but they are aluminum, and soft. not sure what I'm going to do.