Skip to main content
Topic: Door Lock actuator (Read 874 times) previous topic - next topic

Door Lock actuator

Need a driver side (not sure if there is a difference from side to side) power door lock actuator for my '88 T-bird.

Priced new at Ford and they are like $145!
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Door Lock actuator

Reply #1
Holy !  I thought I'd be smart and look them up at AutoZone.  $237 there!  I guess Ford is the bargain basp00get price this time.  Either that or some member here may sell you one cheap.  Sorry mine are spoken for.  (Installed and working)
Armed Forces Car Club
Eastern Sierra Chapter, California
WEB:  armedforcescarclub.com

Door Lock actuator

Reply #3
I called my local Advance Auto and NAPA and they said they could not even get them...I'm surprised AZ could.  Jeez thats HIGH though.

I will check into that ebay one.  Thanks.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Door Lock actuator

Reply #5
Quote from: ivygreen;356029
Check with this guy.  He has one listed for an '86 for $65.00.  It may be the same.

http://www.classiquecars.com/thunderbirdelectrical80s.htm

I emailed him.  Thanks man.

Door Lock actuator

Reply #6
I pulled one off my passenger side for someone who never followed up with me. It's just sitting around. Look up if they are the same and if they are and you want it, PM me.  It does not look side specific.

Door Lock actuator

Reply #7
I have a set from the 86 doors I stripped. I was told when I bought the doors they were new. I can dig them out and get pics if interested.

Door Lock actuator

Reply #8
PM's sent

Door Lock actuator

Reply #9
Have your Ford parts guy pull up the # for the actuator. Then have him punch that same # into the computer and it will list all the applications that it fits.  I did this for a driver side window motor on the 84 and found that it was the same as the right rear on an 84to? town car....dime a dozen.
84 COUGAR/90 HO, 1.7RRs, performer RPM,700DP, equal length shorties, stainless EXH ,T-5,Hurst pro-billet, KC clutch, 8.8/ 4.10s, line-lok, bla ,bla, bla.
71 COMET/289,351w heads, 12.5 TRWs, 750DP, Liberty TL, 9"/6.00s, 11.9x @112 , bla,bla,bla.

Never shoot your mouth off, unless your brain is loaded! ....I may get older, but I'll never grow up!....If you're not laughing, you're not living!  :laughing:

Door Lock actuator

Reply #10

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/LRS-21842K/79-93-Ford-Mustang-Door-Lock-Actuator-Kit

60 bux.... they come with interchangeable top rods for use in a myriad of cars.....

Protip:  When installing a new actuator, lube the rod with grease.  Moisture in the moving parts is what kills them.  I have them seize up before the motor goes.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Door Lock actuator

Reply #11
That´s just what I wanted to say, go to latemodelrestoration.com

Door Lock actuator

Reply #12
Quote from: V8Demon;356665

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/LRS-21842K/79-93-Ford-Mustang-Door-Lock-Actuator-Kit

60 bux.... they come with interchangeable top rods for use in a myriad of cars.....

Protip:  When installing a new actuator, lube the rod with grease.  Moisture in the moving parts is what kills them.  I have them seize up before the motor goes.

I never even thought of looking there!  One of the members here is sending me a used one but if it goes out I will be looking at late model restoration for a new one.

Thanks for the tip!

Door Lock actuator

Reply #13
Hi, I believe a have a few and if I remember correctly they had 87 part numbers on them. Emil me at mercurycat21@hotmail.com and I will see what I can dig up this weekend. I also believe they are the same from side to side.
Good Luck
Ken

Door Lock actuator

Reply #14
I bought that kit and it is a piece of !!! they are so tight I almost bend my key and I have to push the lock down while hitting the lock button, do not buy for a t-bird I finally took them out
1986 T-bird
347 stroker motor
185 AFR Heads
TrickFlow cam 224/232-542/563
Victor Jr. intake CNC ported
Quickfuel Holley 800 cfm
Hooker 1-3/4 long tubes
Custom built AOD
B&M 3000 stall
8.8 w/4.30 gears
UPR K-member,A-Arms,and coil-overs
UPR upper/lower control arms