Skip to main content
Topic: My 87 LX (Read 81466 times) previous topic - next topic

My 87 LX

Reply #225
Quote from: Driverguy;392323
What kind of springs are you using?  I've had a real hell of a time trying to decide what springs to buy to get good ride height..even pondered getting coilovers just to set it myself lol.  I've got cargo coils on the back now, with offset 275's, and they rub.....and on the front I've got a broken v6 spring on one side and a melted v8 spring on the other side...and they rub too :P.  I want a good looking height as well as retain a good smooth ride, but I don't want the tires to catch on the fenders every time i pull into a driveway...Theres the v6, v6 heavy duty, and v8 springs from moog ive been lookign at, but dont know what to get...any thoughts?

Im using 300# coilovers up front that came with my granatelli frount suspention kit. and some summit knockoff 3" lowering springs for a mustang on my CHE adjustable lowers cranked about 1" up

Well I ran out of money again. So it was time to do some more body work. I'm starting with the driver side then I'll eventually make my way to the passenger side. Most of the real bad spots are on the driver side anyway. once the rear quarters are done, Ill start on the doors thats a ways away right now though.

This is what I have right now. the etch primer before the wheel well is still wet.

My 87 LX

Reply #226
I was digging through some of my old threads looking for some info and I came across this

YIKES. Hard to belive that this car Im working on used to be THAT car lol

My 87 LX

Reply #227
Here I sit with a dilemma. I have a very nice TC header panel. I have a very nice LX header panel. Im having a very tough time deciding weather I would like the TC nose or keep with my LX nose...

I got to looking into the 4 eye swap and I guess Ive conned myself out of it. Now Im trying to decide apples? or oranges..

My 87 LX

Reply #228
That's a non-issue. Paint them both to match the car, and swap them when you need a little something different. See? Easy.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

My 87 LX

Reply #229
LOL. I have all the lights for both. but the LX lights the covers seperated from the buckets. I might just go TC header.

My 87 LX

Reply #230
small update. I scored some used KYB 4way adjustable struts for the front today talk about free.99. oooooohhhhh yeah! Now I just got to rip the front end apart and replace mine. The only Issue I was having with mine was the fact that with the coil overs and the caster camber plates I barely had enough thread to get the top nut threaded on and then it was tight. Hopefully this fixes my issue

My 87 LX

Reply #231

Ive got some little things to do to get my ride height the way I want it still, but Im going to do all that when I put the rear shocks in. Its sitting all pen 15ed right now. The driver side is pretty close to where I want it. But it needs to go about 3/4- 1" to make me happy.  Ill dial the coilovers in when I put my KYB's in the front.

I decided that the LX nose was a little lacking in the look of the car. I always liked it but it made it have a little to much going on up front. So I swapped the TC header I was trying to sell on it and I think it looks quite a bit better.

Whatcha think?

My 87 LX

Reply #232
I like the T/C nose better as well.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

My 87 LX

Reply #233
I may have missed it, but what are your plans for final paint color?
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

My 87 LX

Reply #234
I think I settled on house of kolor's wild cherry kandy and semi-gloss black

My 87 LX

Reply #235
Sounds cool!  I've been eyeing the Lava Red paint code on the 2012 Mustangs.  It would lend itself well to one of our cars!  You should check it out.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

My 87 LX

Reply #236
loving that boot lip spoiler
83 Thunderbird Heritage - Right Hand Drive
95 Falcon GLi

My 87 LX

Reply #237
Thanks! Ive been thinking about c00ching quite a few of them up and making them like I did mine and selling them. Cause I love having somthing different but I know quite a few people like them also but dont have the ability to make them.

Lava red? sounds WAY to bright for the look Im going for. I want the absolute darkest red possible. So dark that it looks jet black. but when the light hits it all you see is a nice red glimmer. If you go back a few pages theres a '49 merc I posted a pic of thats brandywine colored that kinda shows the real depth and color that Im going for.

EDIT: Totally eating my words about the lava red. Thats gorgeous. I might hit it with a touch more red pearl though.

My 87 LX

Reply #238
Quote from: 87thunderbirdBlackJack;393405

Lava red? sounds WAY to bright for the look Im going for. I want the absolute darkest red possible. So dark that it looks jet black. but when the light hits it all you see is a nice red glimmer. If you go back a few pages theres a '49 merc I posted a pic of thats brandywine colored that kinda shows the real depth and color that Im going for.

EDIT: Totally eating my words about the lava red. Thats gorgeous. I might hit it with a touch more red pearl though.

Yeah I know cool color isnt it!  I guess that they had to stop production of it for awhile due to the destruction in puppiesan from the tsunami's.  If I ever repaint my old Chevelle, I think that color would look awesome.

Anyway, keep up the good work you are making great progress man!

My 87 LX

Reply #239
I agree, you're doing a great job with it! I've always liked the lighter copper color I saw on a Saleen Mustang, it was called and birillium. I know I mispelled it but it sounds right. lol! I always thought if I ever get another T-Bird to keep I'll have it painted that. I have seen a couple done now and it looks good on our cars.