Skip to main content
Topic: My 87 LX (Read 82420 times) previous topic - next topic

My 87 LX

Reply #240

That looks to be the color im going for. I think it'll look sweet on my car

My 87 LX

Reply #241
I can't freakin' wait to see lava on one of our cars.  Get to paintin' son!  lol, seriously I think that will make for a gorgeous and different paint color for your car.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

My 87 LX

Reply #242
totally. That with some satin black accent and dark grey pinstripes mmmmm. gotta get some body work done.

My 87 LX

Reply #243
House of Kolor is very nice paint indeed, but also very very expensive just for materials.
I likey that color on that stang. It'll look good on your bird.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

My 87 LX

Reply #245
I think the bulk of the bodywork will be done this winter when its not so freakin hot.  Im going to try and have the old girl about 80% ready for paint over the winter. Im hoping to have the rest of the big things as far a mechanics and rims and rubber done come tax season. HOPEFULLY. So if all else fails, I can atleast drive a calico next summer. I have everything taken care of besides a new steering rack, rear shocks 4 extra lug nuts, prostars ,bumpsteer kit and some other odds n ends and final tuning. I cant wait to tear up town with this thing.

As far as progress goes I got my KYB's in today and adjusted my coilovers so they were matched. So far the nose is about 90% done.

Then I want to drive it and get all the little obnoxious problems fixed then shoot some primer, paint, and finish up any loose ends I have

My 87 LX

Reply #246
The plan sounds good. I hope to start bodywork as soon as my son is back in school.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

My 87 LX

Reply #247
When you get this thing done it'd be cool if I could see it in person!  Ft Wayne is a little far to swing by and check out your progress though.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

My 87 LX

Reply #248
Youre tellin me! I didnt think there were to many us in Indiana. Theres only 2 fox tbirds and cougars that Im familiar with here. I started building this car because I dont see them around here. lol.

It would be cool to meet up when shes drivable.

My 87 LX

Reply #249
There are enough of us Hoosier guys on here that we could start our own club.  Trying to think of all the others besides us two: Gumby and Chuck in Indy, Dan down in Evansville, seems as though there are a couple more too.

Yeah I'd be down to see it 1st hand.  Maybe power tour will come through Indy again in the next few years and we could have a little fox bird/cougar meet!

My 87 LX

Reply #250
Im good to go just about anywhere. now if the bird is thats a different story. The car isnt much to look at right now other than its comming together. Its dirty nasty and full of junk lol.

My 87 LX

Reply #251
Quote from: 50tbrd88;393717
There are enough of us Hoosier guys on here that we could start our own club.  Trying to think of all the others besides us two: Gumby and Chuck in Indy, Dan down in Evansville, seems as though there are a couple more too.

Yeah I'd be down to see it 1st hand.  Maybe power tour will come through Indy again in the next few years and we could have a little fox bird/cougar meet!

I'm here too    :nono:

Ya, that would be cool for all of us to meet up. I'm pretty much done with the body work on mine. I just got to prime/block her out a few times then she'll be ready for paint.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

My 87 LX

Reply #252
Quote from: 1BadBird;393783
I'm here too    :nono:

Ya, that would be cool for all of us to meet up. I'm pretty much done with the body work on mine. I just got to prime/block her out a few times then she'll be ready for paint.

I knew I forgot someone...sorry dude.

My 87 LX

Reply #253
All's good. No hard feelings :mullet:

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

My 87 LX

Reply #254
I think lava red would look awesome on your car :).
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.