My 87 LX

Reply #180

Its commin' back together!

My 87 LX

Reply #181
Awesome!!
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

My 87 LX

Reply #182
thanks! Im at a standstill for now. Out of cash for 1, for 2 the chassis work isnt completely done yet. still need a steering rack, shocks, a good carb, and some other rinky  items before I can really worry to much about the interior. When I jamb it in and swap doors and all that fun stuff and start peicing the body together for a final fit will I worry about the interior going together.

Once the doors are on and jambed in and all the jambs are painted Ill start worrying about the piddley stuff. Then its on to body work and saving for some decent rims and tires. Hopefully I can sell some stuff to add to my pocket and get both of the daily drivers up to par and driving correctly I can focus more on this car.. The sooner this baby is driveable the better! So I can park the bel-air in the garage also and get to work hanging floors and quarters on it.

My 87 LX

Reply #183
I just noticed you have a Bel-Air, I got a '67 4 Door myself, baby blue w/ 283 and Dynaglide....it also needs floors and quarters
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Bebe! 1980 Thunderbird, 302 & AOD are the only option boxes checked

My 87 LX

Reply #184

Yessirr its dark blue 355 turbo 350 12bolt with the origional plastic on the back seat

My 87 LX

Reply #185
Mind you, Im running low on fuel and need a carb in the worst way imagineable. but heres a good video of the idle with the MAC's

My 87 LX

Reply #186
Ok I decided to clean the garbage off the bird and take some pics of what I have done to it recently after/during the heater core install.

I tidy'd up the engine bay. Someone pointed out that there were quite a few wires going EVERYWHERE... well.... not no mo!

I finally Mounted my circuit breaker for the alt, loomed the wires, tucked some stuff up yadda. its dirty but when I get to the point that I REALLY care about the dust Ill be driving it.

Whatchall think?

My 87 LX

Reply #187
reading this makes me see how much work i have ahead of me lol. keep it up its looking shagy under that hood :)

My 87 LX

Reply #188
Thankya. its not really bad. just take alot of measurements.

My 87 LX

Reply #189
Well I hit a crossroads. Im broke and I want to work on the car still. I had a junk spoiler laying around that Ive had for a good long while now. Well I cut it up and realized that it wouldnt work the way I had Intended it to. So I thought to my self.... Ill take a few bones and a tape measure aon a few tools to my local take a part.

I scoured that lot looking for a wing, hell even a feather would have worked! I ran down the lines looking for somthing that caught my eye... nothing. I hit the GM line and BAM I saw a late 80's camaro sitting there with its little ducktail style spoiler went a measured it out and it was a couple inches off no big deal ya know. So I bought it!

I paid, and went straight home to see how far my measurements were off. Well I tell ya, I took 1/4 inch off of each side of the main piece. Set it on the trunk lid and it fit so perfect it was unreal. The the side peices came into play. Well I had top shave them down quite a bit but nothing horrific. drilled some holes in the side of the bird (that was killing me to do) and everything lines up quite nice.

Ive always been a HUGE fan of the FMS ducktail wing but theyre becomming more and more scarce and I knew if I found one it was going to literally murder my wallet. So I figure for $15 bux I'd give it a try.

I still have some tpuppies to do to get everything fitting just right, hell its just held on there with frog tape at the moment anyway. But Im really liking the way it looks, Just a little subtle touch to the tail of my car. Now I know my accent color when shes all painted up nice its going to be satin black.

Whatcha'll think?

My 87 LX

Reply #190
Cool idea. I'm still liking it !!!!
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

My 87 LX

Reply #192
I dont like how far it goes down the side of the car. If it stopped at the pin stripe I'd like it.
88 Cougar LS 5.0 .030 over, ported E7s with GT40 valves & trickflow springs, Proform roller rockers, HO cam, removed air silencer, K&N filter, smog pump delete, 2.25" dual flowmasters, Pacestter H-pipe & headers, HO computer, 65mm TB, Explorer intake, 19# injecters, 3.45s, rebuilt posi, and TCI shift kit.

My 87 LX

Reply #193
Is it hollow or solid fiberglass? If it's solid, then reshaping it to shorten on the sides would be easy to do, and would match up to the shape of the car well.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

My 87 LX

Reply #194
its hollow. I like how it lays out really well. The only little mod im going to do is the bottom tip of the wing im going to shave so it follows the contour from the edge of the taillight