Skip to main content
Topic: My 87 LX (Read 82226 times) previous topic - next topic

My 87 LX

Reply #150
I think Im gonna fiddle with the carb thats on it. It ran my 460 decently. and has had a jet change since then. Im thinkin the floats are all dickered up. Probably gonna set the floats adjust the accel pumps probably (depending on how far that gets me) do another jet change to find that sweet spot. If I cant find any resolution with that Im going to save up for a new 600 and quit ing with this carb. 600cfm will give me just enough and room for more.

but my bird is on the backburner for the next few weeks until I get the OTHER bird in the garage put back together. buddy brought over his 88 LX for a rebuild.. man I think there was more oil on the outside of this motor than was ever in it... Oh well.... cheap undercoat XD

My 87 LX

Reply #151
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;383704
Meh. You silly cavemen and your Jurassic carbs lol

More seriously...can't wait to see/hear the thing fired up...bring on that vid!

Agreed! Once you go efi GT40 you never go back carbed ;-)

My 87 LX

Reply #152
Quote from: 88turbo;383734
Agreed! Once you go efi GT40 you never go back carbed ;-)

coughBScough.. once you go completely AFTERMARKET efi, you'll never go back.. ;)
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

My 87 LX

Reply #153
Hehehehe go with a "Preditor" carb. lol

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

My 87 LX

Reply #154
Quote from: Shadow;383753
coughBScough.. once you go completely AFTERMARKET efi, you'll never go back.. ;)

Who asked you? Lol

My 87 LX

Reply #155
ME! lol it's true, though.. 1 go-around with aftermarket efi, and you'll be wanting to throw everything else in the s pile, too lol

3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

My 87 LX

Reply #156
ed with the carb and got a few vids. My camera sucks, and I cant find the cord for kate's so until I find it deal with the  vids lol.

Oh yeah garage is cruddy

My 87 LX

Reply #157
... found the cord..

My 87 LX

Reply #158
my computer must not like your car.. it won't let me watch the vids! i assume you got it semi straightened out, though?

My 87 LX

Reply #159
yeah. the floats in the carb were all sorts of out of whack. still not quite right but i didnt wanna run it to long at a time due to open headers.

Btw... I got my rear lowering springs today. and holey moley they are no joke a full 2.5 inches shorter than the LX springs. Maybe JUST MAYBE I wont have a car that looks like a 4x4 lol.

My 87 LX

Reply #160
Looking forward to seeing your car.  :D

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

My 87 LX

Reply #161
Im looking forward to the maiden voyage.... to the gas station of all places is probably going to be my first stop. lol.

I think my springs made the car sit just right (so far) now I can actually use the function of my adjustabe perches! :D

BEFORE:

In between:

After:

And a little peek of what else Ive been working on this week

Geordy bought his 88 LX back. This motor was on it last leg... and had no joke about 1" worth of sludge everywhere on it.

It should be going back in somtime within the weekend

My 87 LX

Reply #162
My mac lers and tank straps should be here by either the end of the week or beginning of next. SWEEEET. Now I can finish up the exhaust.

and on the other bird.. we got the motor put in, headers, hpipe, and flowmaster dumps. it fired up just need to button it back up

My 87 LX

Reply #163
The lers will be here tuesday. Then I can finish up the exhaust and call it good there. Then its onto things like notching the rear bumper for the exhaust tips and re-installing said bumper... then putting my trunk back together, re-mounting my coil, tidying up the wires in the engine bay and possibly throwing some fenders on the old girl for mock up painting the hood hinges and getting 99% of the front clip back together to start finishing up on my hood.

Then the real pain begins. Changing the heater core... and the easy stuff like putting some shocks in it. Then as far as I know besides topping off the fluid in the T5 the mechanical tinkering is done for now.. Still have to change out the power rack for a non power rack. Thats on down the road though.

My 87 LX

Reply #164
Well I got very curious today. Everything is just mocked up not even tight no hinges or anything like that. I just wanted to see what she was going to look like cause its been so long I almost forgot.

And I realized when I got the hood out in the light whoo.. its wavy. Ive got alot more work to do to that bad boy.