Skip to main content
Topic: Heads and cam swap complete! (Read 2053 times) previous topic - next topic

Heads and cam swap complete!

Everything turned out great the bird runs like a champ!!  :tg: The difference from the HO cam and E7's to the TFS#1 cam and the Edelbrock 6037's is freaking crazy... 

I'm going to take some video of it tomorrow... I'll try and host it on my webspace...

Big thanks out to Nick  ;)  thanks for the phone support buddy  :D ..

Here's a couple of pics I have laying around
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: Heads and cam swap complete!

Reply #1
more pics
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #2
some more..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #3
I still got some silly  to do like finish painting the gray under the hood near the wipers, neaten up a couple of wires, and nice wash and wax :)

man my old setup was nasty looking... glad to get rid of the gray finally... only took about 8 years for me to paint it  :giggle:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #4
dyno/track time! :D

Reply #5
yeah bob, track time. when i get the bird back on the street we can take a trip to atco.

Reply #6
Looks good Bob, you're gonna have a blast..

Now you know how a real motor runs... :D

Reply #7
glad to see you got it together... ;)

a few questions ..

1 did you get rid of that stock intake hose yet??
2 you still useing  the stock fuel pressure regulator? check the fuel pressure..
3 what did you set the base timming at?

let me know

Nick

oh and *EDIT!!*  :rollin:  look at that belly!!! it's allmost as big as mine  :rollin:  :crazy:
there's only about a half a dozen man made objects that are herd by the human ear below 40Hz,a pipe organ,thunder,the space shuttle lifting off,a jet airplane taking off or landing,a large canon,an atomic bomb ignited in your back yard and the heat wave afterward oh wait you would be dead so you would'nt hear it scratch that!,and maybe beating your hear against a wall less then 40 times a second..rap music is'nt one of them!thats 40-60Hz@100+db the moving air is under 40Hz

Reply #8
Now you know how a real motor runs...

Funny you said that cause I thought that when I was out driving it last night. I've been missing out on this for years...

yeah bob, track time. when i get the bird back on the street we can take a trip to atco.

Yeah dude I'm in I got some stuff to do first... First I need to get tires ASAP!! , than I need to practice driving this bad boy..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #9
glad to see you got it together... 

a few questions ..

1 did you get rid of that stock intake hose yet??
2 you still useing the stock fuel pressure regulator? check the fuel pressure..
3 what did you set the base timming at?

Yo Nick, I tried to call you last night you seem to be having some phone problems  :giggle: 

I need to put my gauge back on the fuel rails for fuel pressure I think its at 40psi, I gapped the plugs at .45 is that ok?, Timing is at 14-15* and what intake hose should I buy? I'll order that today..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #10
Quote from: Blown306Cougar
look at that belly!!! it's allmost as big as mine  :rollin:  :crazy:

Hmm...I do see some similarities now that you mention it:

Reply #11
oh and *EDIT!!*  look at that belly!!! it's allmost as big as mine 
HHAHAH thats from Quiting smoking 5 months ago, I noticed that when I posted the pics... LOL I gotta start working out some to burn that  off..  Wife says she likes it  :bs:  but I think she's just being nice
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #12
why my phone is'nt working i have'nt a clue i just payed the bill but i was'nt over my limit go figure... try giving me a call in an hour or two..

anyway.. plug gap is fine.. you did get 3924's right?

timming.. stay at 14*

get your self a cold air package to fit with a mass air setup.. or at least get rid of that carppy a$$ rubber elbow..and replace it with something metal..
there's only about a half a dozen man made objects that are herd by the human ear below 40Hz,a pipe organ,thunder,the space shuttle lifting off,a jet airplane taking off or landing,a large canon,an atomic bomb ignited in your back yard and the heat wave afterward oh wait you would be dead so you would'nt hear it scratch that!,and maybe beating your hear against a wall less then 40 times a second..rap music is'nt one of them!thats 40-60Hz@100+db the moving air is under 40Hz

Reply #13
Quote from: EricCoolCats
Hmm...I do see some similarities now that you mention it:

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

where did you get that picture!!!:raspberry

funny when i saved the picture the file was called lmao grumpy1  :rollin: gee i wounder why!!! :crazy:

oh and Eric since i was brought up.. i've bin meaning to ask how's Jay's family doing these days? i bet you thought i forgot ;) 4/17-2003 i forget very little;) i just forget how to spell lol

and the link still exsists
http://www.coolcats.net/cotm/2003_05.html

it just seems to be hidden.. when you click on it. it comes up with june..cotm..

i was going to post it in his family and your honor but by the time i went to post it. and found where the link was. it was past 4/17

Nick

Reply #14
3924's right?

yep :)

I'll give you a call around lunchtime
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]