Skip to main content
Topic: Who has guns? (Read 26945 times) previous topic - next topic

Who has guns?

Reply #60
I love my Walthers.  I have a PPS M2 LE for carry, and a PPQ M1 for home and range (that trigger still makes me giggle and puts double taps practically through the same hole). 
VP9 isn't for me though, too snappy, and though I prefer a paddle mag release, HK's are just too short.  When I bought my PPQ, I chose the M1 over the M2 specifically for that reason.
I've also started making my own Kydex holsters and Mag carriers.

Who has guns?

Reply #62
Goded right, Foe, on the PPQ Classic (or M1 as the new(er) crowd calls 'em!)

Graham (88turbo on here) was up a year or so ago, he fired my Q, PPS, and my .30-06, they're all great. He's got a PK380 too, and it's ok though I don't really care for .380.

I had a PPQ Navy (M2) but I sold it because A, it had the button, and B, two otherwise identical 9mm pistols was a little redundant, especially since the mags are very similar but non-interchangeable.

I've not yet has a chance to shoot the PPS M2, but I'd probably love it, aside from the button.

I WISH WISH WISH Walther would make the Q45 available with the Classic mag release, too. s.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Who has guns?

Reply #63
To me, a pistol has to have a slide release, that's what keeps me away from the PK380.  I've also heard a lot about feed failures, and being extremely sensitive to limp wristing.

Who has guns?

Reply #64
I rarely ever use the slide release, despite the fact the PPQ has two big ole honkin' levers on it LOL.

The PPS is such a c to thumb the release, and I was always taught to use the slingshot method anyway. The rear sight (Mepro) on my PPQ is a big blocky , one can rack it by catching the sight on a belt, and having at it. I've done it, but nothing more than a trial. Odds are, if I'm ever in a SHTF ordeal I'll be running on instinct and will revert to what I've always done...slingshotting the slide with a new mag. Though the PPQ will auto forward if you slap the mag in with any kind of force. All three of my PPQ' would, in fact, even the Navy, and it was brand spankin' new when I got it.

What's your take on the PPX/Creed? I've handled and shot a few, the trigger is nice, as good as a PPQ or even a P99 in SA mode......the only thing I am concerned with is the three piece barrel....
'98 Explorer 5.0

Who has guns?

Reply #65
I bought a Creed in March, put 1200 through it. And thought it was the best pistol ever. Then a guy at the range let me shoot his PPQ. It was all over after that. I bought the PPQ in July and sold the Creed in August. Probably the best polymer hammer pistol ever, but PPQ is superior in every way. Also, it's (the PPQ) slightly smaller in every dimension, which was weird.  What I didn't like was the long reset and the rounded trigger guard. Never had a single malfunction, and never had an issue with the barrel.

Who has guns?

Reply #66
Long time since I've seen this thread. My current gun/pointy thing collection includes the same Remington Model 700 .30-06, a Lakefield Mark II .22 bolt action, a Remington semi automatic 12 gauge, a Savage .308 (bought for my husband, he's starting to get into hunting), and my new this year toy, a Centerpoint 370 crossbow. Going moose hunting next week (Sept 25-30), then deer hunting with the crossbow from October 2-26, then deer hunting with the .30-06 from the 27th through November. This will be my first moose hunt (we have a moose tag lottery, our hunting group won it this year), and will also be my first year hunting with the crossbow. I am actually looking more forward to using the crossbow than the rifle! Just using it at the cottage, sighting it in, I've been having a blast. I even pulled a Robin Hood with it, and put an arrow inside another arrow.

There have been some changes since the first pic was taken: The Remington 700 has a new synthetic stock and the .22 has a scope. Second pic is the Savage, the day we brought it home. Third pic is the crossbow.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Who has guns?

Reply #67
That's a hell of a crossbow LOL. I've been wanting to get one, just have never pulled the trigger, pun intended.

Foe, I've also got a P99c, but I'm not too in love with a SA/DA trigger. After carrying my PPS since 2013, what I want in a doublestack carry is probably a P99cQA. That's "quick action" and it's more like a glock style trigger than the P99AS OR the PPQ. I just don't want a soft, short, easy trigger on my carry, though of course I'm more accurate with such. It's hard to find a P99cQA in 9mm, I've got one .40 but I ought to sell it. I should add I've sold the Navy some time back and have kinda kicked myself in the ass since. Don't sell a Walther ;)
'98 Explorer 5.0

Who has guns?

Reply #69
I've been kicking around the idea of an AR10, or possibly something that's multi-caliber, with the eventual goal of .300 Blackout, suppressed. I've watched some Hickok45 shiznit on youtube about the .300BLK, and it looks like more fun than a hot tub full of willing women. I had a Bushmaster in .223/5.56, and while it was fun, I'm a guy who likes to feel a little recoil, see shiznit come apart when a .30 bullet nails it, that sort of thing.

And as much as detest glock, I've been considering a 10mm long slide. I could always throw a jarvis barrel in it and run .40, too. And .357SIG, and...and....

I've gotta get a safety ball for my Mossy 500, and will get a ghost ring/fiber front sight for a little better sighting. (was mentioning this to another forum, some jackwagon said that shotguns don't need aimed...LOL. n00bs)
'98 Explorer 5.0

Who has guns?

Reply #70
80% you say? They're a heck of a lot of fun to build up, just gotta keep 922r in mind as you do it.

X

Who has guns?

Reply #72
Dude! We've sipped whiskey together. You ain't no snowflake, lol.
'98 Explorer 5.0

Who has guns?

Reply #74
It was, I was kiddin' around with G, LOL.

We've actually put lead downrange together. Don't think his wife liked my .30-06 with the handmade deer loads though. Then again, a rifle on the slimmer side sending 150gr .30 bullets out the barrel at 3,000fps isn't really mild to some. That said, a .300 WinMag is on the edge of ", this stings a bit". My 'ought six" is enough to kill whatever I need dead. Had it since 2012, always been a one shot kill affair, with regards to deer. Then again, my .303 British was, too.
'98 Explorer 5.0