Skip to main content
Topic: Waiting....waiting....waiting...... (Read 2822 times) previous topic - next topic

Waiting....waiting....waiting......

I've been waiting for parts to arrive so i can get the Sport taken care of before the real cold sets in for winter. I should have my Mass Air meter and 24# injectors today,along with my other GT40 intake. If so,I'll get busy getting the intake ready (visual mods you know),and once it's ready,I'll swap it all on. I'd like to do it all at once (valve covers,mass air and injectors,intake),and then I can start saving for the seat re-covering. No real news,it just seemed kind of slow,so I thought I'd share my useless news.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1
I ordered my front suspension parts for the 92 LX and paid the cheapest shipping.  I had parts in two days, parts in 5 days and the last part came in 12.  I was getting very impatient.  But all the parts were in time to do the job.  I split it up in to two days.  Left side first and then the right side and the part showed up in the nick of time.
Armed Forces Car Club
Eastern Sierra Chapter, California
WEB:  armedforcescarclub.com

Reply #2
Once I have the intake done,and the valve covers painted,I can do everything in less than an hour. It's prepping the upper intake that will take the time. remove some aluminum,smooth it,paint and polish,apply the ??? and then install.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #3
Vinnie , Wait no old X-files videos to watch or Eastwood movies either to kill time with while just sitting around bud. lol :evilgrin:

D & P :rollin:

Reply #4
No time. Been super busy.I haven't even logged off,just grab the keys and go !!! i am rebuilding a dog house,buying wood for the project, shipping parts,eating lunch with my sweet chica, and on and on. No movies or TV....although,I have been listening to my new Andy Williams Christmas CD. AWESOME traditional Christmas music. I love that.

Reply #5
Quote from: vinnietbird;344981
...I have been listening to ... Andy Williams...

:poke:
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with 'em

Reply #6
BIG stuff when I was a little guy. Great voice for Christmas songs.

Reply #7
Quote from: vinnietbird;344988
BIG stuff when I was a little guy. Great voice for Christmas songs.

So you won't hold Perry Como's Christmas renditions against me :rollin:
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with 'em

Reply #8
Now way,another classic. Bing Crosby,the Bob Hope Christmas Special and all of the little Christmas shows. I'm older than I used to be,but still need to see them every year. I suppose it's a way of keeping some of the old days along with all the new stuff these days. a healthy balance. I don't want to live in the past.....just look at it a little bit.LOL.

Reply #9
We always listened to a Ray Conniff Christmas record my parents have when I was growing up.  Now we listen to a Ray Conniff CD that I have.
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

Reply #10
Elvis's Christmas......I used to drive my mom nuts with that one..lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #11
IMHO alan jackson does some great christmas songs
I'm the forum asshole, put on your big boy pants and deal with it.  :flip:

Reply #12
Quote from: daminc;345012
Elvis's Christmas......I used to drive my mom nuts with that one..lol

I have that. Another great one. he also could sing the gospel songs like nobody else could.

Reply #13
Lots of the old ... ummm classic ... stuff is the best!
13 Dodge Dart SXT Special Edition
09 Honda Shadow Sabre ---------- 08 Caliber
05 Aztek ---------- 02 Avalanche
02 Thunderbird (4,000 miles) ---------- 02 Cadillac ETC
98 Explorer ---------- 96 Suzuki X-90
89 Fleetwood ---------- 89 Continental
88 Town Car ---------- 86 Silverado ---------- 84 Fiero
83 Town Car ---------- 82 EXP (32,000 miles) ---------- 82 Mercury LN7
80 Mustang (35,000 miles) ---------- 65 Continental
62 Galaxie 500 ---------- 54 Packard

Reply #14
I love the classic stuff. Anyone can sing a Christmas song,but only a few can relay that real feeling of Christmas. i love this time of the year. It's not about money and gifts,it goes a lot deeper than that. Most say they hate it this time of year because of....you guessed it...money. If that's the case,you're doing it all wrong.