Skip to main content
Topic: TC on TV Tonight (Read 6545 times) previous topic - next topic

TC on TV Tonight

Reply #30
The entire show is a fail. You should read my comment in the top gear thread.

TC on TV Tonight

Reply #31
You guys knew they were going to beat it to death right? At least it got beat to death in a some what amusing way instead of by some meth head ;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

TC on TV Tonight

Reply #32
Quote from: thunderjet302;344751
You guys knew they were going to beat it to death right? At least it got beat to death in a some what amusing way instead of by some meth head ;)

Or as a Fire Dept. demo...
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

TC on TV Tonight

Reply #33
Quote from: 20thanniver-ls;344794
Or as a Fire Dept. demo...

No kidding! We bought an 87 TC that they started to use as a Fire Dept demo. It had the most perfect raven interior I have ever seen. Well, until the Jaws of Life ripped off the drivers door panel and corner of the perfect uncracked dash. Sigh.
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

TC on TV Tonight

Reply #34
Quote from: saconcepts;344639
well obviously our cars aren't made for moonshine running, but i still love our cars

Holy , Scott!  Welcome back!
"lol.. because not too many people care for that style of car"
[size=-2]Click on paw print \/[/size]

TC on TV Tonight

Reply #35
Quote from: 5.0 bird;344650
Yeah, you can't neutral bomb a A4LD and expect it to ever work again. If the idiot would've got a 5 speed, things would've been a lot different.

I used to do it to my '87 all the time.

TC on TV Tonight

Reply #36
Quote from: tirefryr;344903
I used to do it to my '87 all the time.

You got lucky it would seem. But I bet the TC in the show had a shiznit ton of miles on it, so chances are it was on its way out anyways.
-'88 Tbird 3.8
-2012 Altima 2.5 BASE. 
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Future: Budget 5.0 300 HP.

TC on TV Tonight

Reply #37
Yeah, my car was an anomaly.  I got it at a state auction, the only stock body panels were the quarters and every panel was a different color.  It ran great though and I never had to do anything to it, so it was a perfect first car.  Being a typical dumb teenager, I beat the hell out of it never realizing it's potential.

TC on TV Tonight

Reply #38
Quote from: saconcepts;344639
i still love our cars

Quote from: blain_gatterdam;344672
It made me happy to see it on tv reguardless of their contest.

And I, whole heartedly, agree with both of you guys
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with 'em

TC on TV Tonight

Reply #39
Quote from: tirefryr;344948
Yeah, my car was an anomaly.  I got it at a state auction, the only stock body panels were the quarters and every panel was a different color.  It ran great though and I never had to do anything to it, so it was a perfect first car.  Being a typical dumb teenager, I beat the hell out of it never realizing it's potential.

I used to do the same thing to mine. I got my tbird with 220K-ish on it when I was 16, and I used to neutral drop that shiznit all of the time.. I'm 99% sure it was the stock transmission, which it still has. I guess I was lucky my parents had taken such good care of it, but I obviously didn't appreciate that at the time. Ah, I was a dummy...
-'88 Tbird 3.8
-2012 Altima 2.5 BASE. 
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TC on TV Tonight

Reply #40
never neutral dropped a car.

Now power braking on the other hand......
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

TC on TV Tonight

Reply #41
Quote from: RunninWild;344962
I used to do the same thing to mine. I got my tbird with 220K-ish on it when I was 16, and I used to neutral drop that shiznit all of the time.. I'm 99% sure it was the stock transmission, which it still has. I guess I was lucky my parents had taken such good care of it, but I obviously didn't appreciate that at the time. Ah, I was a dummy...

I think everyone beats on their first car, regardless of what it is. My T-Bird was my first car, and when it was a v6 I used to beat the bajeezis out of it. My foot was always to the floor, but an 88 v6 never gets out of its own way, so all I really did is waste a lot of gas and expedite my head gaskets blowing, althought I did win a race against my friends 5cyl volvo s90(or something like that).  I never neutral dropped it, but don't feel bad, we all did it.

TC on TV Tonight

Reply #42
Quote from: jpc647;345058
...but an 88 v6 never gets out of its own way...

pretty sure I could prove you wrong right there...;)
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

TC on TV Tonight

Reply #43
Quote from: sarjxxx;345117

...so it can finally get out of the driveway???

Hahah sorry man, I had to...
-'88 Tbird 3.8
-2012 Altima 2.5 BASE. 
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TC on TV Tonight

Reply #44
Quote from: sarjxxx;345117

What have you done to yours, I'm genuinely curious. But let me rephrase, my 1988 3.8l v6 would not get out of it's own way.