Skip to main content
Topic: TC on TV Tonight (Read 6547 times) previous topic - next topic

TC on TV Tonight

I think someone posted a youtube to the preview or something awhile back~
But, Tonight they are Airing the "New" episode of Top Gear that features a "Turbo T-Bird".

The preview they keep showing on TV doesnt look too promising...
The guy gets in the Silver TC, Hits the gas and nothing happens~Then they cut to him pushing it....

Anyway,
Tonight at 10pm (Pacific) on the History Channel
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

TC on TV Tonight

Reply #2
They're also driving a 280Z....
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

TC on TV Tonight

Reply #3
I would so love one of our cars to be on BullRun
87 TC
HO Swap, T5 Swap, Mach Springs, CHE Upper and Lower control arms, Mach Chin spoiler, soon to be Procharged.

:evilgrin: Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD you want to hit it but are scared of the consequences. :evilgrin:

TC on TV Tonight

Reply #4
lol thanks for reminding me I wanted to see that ever since i took the picture of it.
1988 T-Bird LX- Awaiting HO build, Monster "Eat My Shift" AOD rated 550Hp. BBK ceramic shorties, Jegs mustang (catless) H-Pipe. mustang catback modified axle back for tbird, 94 17" Cobra wheels, 98 'Stang GT 8.8 Traction-lock

TC on TV Tonight

Reply #5
Right now!!!

TC on TV Tonight

Reply #6
"In 1987 the Ford Thunderbird set the fastest lap time ever in Nascar at 212.27 mph, with bill elliot at the wheel. My coupe has history". Best quote.

TC on TV Tonight

Reply #8
Quote from: 88turbo;344552
idiots...  what a good way to make our cars look like junkers on TV...

The one they have is about 1 step away from the crusher anyway.
Quote from: saconcepts;344614
oh my gawd... they should use someone who knows how to drive our cars

And I totally agree with the gentleman above.

TC on TV Tonight

Reply #9
she seems like a hurtin unit, and the fact that its the 150 hp auto doesnt help either...

TC on TV Tonight

Reply #10
Quote from: jpc647;344612
"In 1987 the Ford Thunderbird set the fastest lap time ever in Nascar at 212.27 mph, with bill elliot at the wheel. My coupe has history". Best quote.

Too bad it was in a 358cu.in. V-8 car that was a 4-speed & had the floor pan of a '65 Galaxy ...I still dig they gave props to it, though :headbang:

Quote from: saconcepts;344614

Anybody that drives a Fox 'bird, or Cougar KNOWS you can't make a u-turn without putting it in reverse at least once :rollin:
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with 'em

TC on TV Tonight

Reply #11
and technically the block specs of a 69' 351 haha. but the body panels, roof, hood trunk, had to be what was on the show room, same identical parts. what they dont tell you, Bill was chopping sections out of them, making them smaller. haha

TC on TV Tonight

Reply #13
Quote from: saconcepts;344623
weather its good or bad, its still great seeing one of our own on TV

Again, I couldn't agree with you more!

TC on TV Tonight

Reply #14
Quote from: Scott D;344618
Too bad it was in a 358cu.in. V-8 car that was a 4-speed & had the floor pan of a '65 Galaxy ...I still dig they gave props to it, though :headbang:

I'm well aware it clearly wasn't a 2.3l doing that. I had an 87 Turbo Coupe automatic, bone stock, it was, well, faster than my 88 Thunderbird with a 3.8l. Faster than a stock 150hp 5.0, maybe in first gear. I'm just excited, the little kid in me in running around screaming, my car is on TV!, well sort of, lol.