Skip to main content
Topic: Show your engine now !!!!! (Read 130009 times) previous topic - next topic

Show your engine now !!!!!

Reply #135
HAVI! Not much different than a 351c swap,very similar except deck height,similar to 429-460. You are doing a 400m swap right?? I looked at it on the old forum. But yet original. I like good old fashioned ingenuity!!!!  If i ever get my clevland done its going in my 3.8 car,with a c-4.
1987 T-bird SportCoupe,302,5spd,8.8,3.27s,pbr brakes,spindles,2003 rear,18inch 06 gt rims!!!!:evilgrin:
2006 Gt Mustang,3v,5spd,8.8,3.55s,GT500rims.
1990 T-bird LX,3.8,aod,loaded,stock!!
1999 Trailblazer(wifes rig)

Reply #136
Well, seeing as how I just "finished" the carb swap last weekend, I'll throw some up. While underhood is no where near where it ought to be for how clean the rest of the car is, it will have to do for now. Hate the new air cleaner, but for 8 bucks, it works for now. The stock CFI unit will fit, just need get a 90 degree banjo fuel inlet for the carb. Next up is shorty headers, and sand blast/paint all brackets, ect.

Before.  All original right down to the date on the 1984 drive belts.

During the swap. Only had the weekend to do this, had to drive back to work Monday.

Now running,. The stock in tank 84 CFI fuel pump to feed the high pressure rail pump runs a steady 5psi, perfect for a carb. Still got tons more to clean, ect. but for  daily driver duty, works for now.

Reply #137
Flipnbird...Thanks for the props.

Everyone else, good pics. Keep 'em coming. It doesn't matter how clean or how dity. It's just pics. My next pic of the engine will have a new compressor for the a/c and maybe a re-painted strut tower brace. I scratched mine up swapping intakes and using it to lean on when I'm working under the hood.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #138
I love my HO lol...no it aint stock :burnout:

I'm the forum asshole, put on your big boy pants and deal with it.  :flip:

Reply #140
Quote from: andrew beedle;348138
I have a different upper and lower intake and intake tube now and soon to be distributorless.

oh........my...goodness!:cool:
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #141
WOW !! i missed that one thats awesome !
I'm the forum asshole, put on your big boy pants and deal with it.  :flip:

Reply #142
I have a different upper and lower intake and intake tube now and soon to be distributorless.

:bowdown::burnout:  Real nice!!!
88 T-Bird Sport-- H.O conversion, GT40 heads, FMS 1.6 RR's, Cobra/EXP intake, 65mm TB, MAC headers, X-pipe, 05GT lers, TC 8.8 with 3.73's.

Reply #143
1986 all original TC

Reply #144

*Drool*
Need new pics!!!
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Reply #145
Ahh what the hell...here's another one of mine I took right after the HO swap.  (That's a piece of backing paper on the intake from the 302 decals i put on my valve covers).  Next time I get it outta the garage I'll grab a better pic.  Since this one was taken I have deleted the EGR and put the stock airbox back on.

'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #146
Quote from: 50tbrd88;348363
Ahh what the hell...here's another one of mine I took right after the HO swap.  (That's a piece of backing paper on the intake from the 302 decals i put on my valve covers).  Next time I get it outta the garage I'll grab a better pic.  Since this one was taken I have deleted the EGR and put the stock airbox back on.

You need some NOS ;).
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #147
You know I have considered that...just don't know how well the stock high-mile pistons will hold up!  lol
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #148
Quote from: 50tbrd88;348566
You know I have considered that...just don't know how well the stock high-mile pistons will hold up!  lol

I've considered it to but I'm not going to do it. I only take the car to the track once or twice a year to a test and tune day. There's no point in putting in nitrous when I drive the car on the street 99.99999% of the time. What am I going to do use nitrous on the street like one of those Fast & Stupid guys:mullet:.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #149
Quote from: thunderjet302;348576
I've considered it to but I'm not going to do it. I only take the car to the track once or twice a year to a test and tune day. There's no point in putting in nitrous when I drive the car on the street 99.99999% of the time. What am I going to do use nitrous on the street like one of those Fast & Stupid guys:mullet:.

It would be very cool to be able to shock people by saying you have NOS on a T-bird, lol.  For the money you cant beat nitrous and the power gains it gives.  Bang for the buck for sure, but it my case I'm afraid there would quite literally be a "bang" involved.