Skip to main content
Topic: Watchdevil's New Restomod Thread *Update 12-2-10* (Read 7282 times) previous topic - next topic

Watchdevil's New Restomod Thread *Update 12-2-10*

Reply #45
What a shame.  I was getting in to his restomod.
Armed Forces Car Club
Eastern Sierra Chapter, California
WEB:  armedforcescarclub.com

Reply #46
Stuff like this....you deal with it,and keep moving ahead.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #47
What a waste of time. I just read this whole thread and now I will not even see the finished product. If you do come back, check your fuel pressure. The fuel pump could be getting warm and might be starting to go bad.
88 Cougar LS 5.0 .030 over, ported E7s with GT40 valves & trickflow springs, Proform roller rockers, HO cam, removed air silencer, K&N filter, smog pump delete, 2.25" dual flowmasters, Pacestter H-pipe & headers, HO computer, 65mm TB, Explorer intake, 19# injecters, 3.45s, rebuilt posi, and TCI shift kit.

Reply #48
Brother as far as I'm concerned youve been quite welcome here. I've had no bad feelings toward you and youve done nothing but help me out. I'm not going to make any judgement calls  because i dont know what went on behind the scenes but it seems to me like there are far more people here that would rather see you stay, retomod thread or not.
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #49
On this forum,restomods mean nothing......meaning,we're not so buttstuff that a Bird or Cougar can't be modified to the owners own taste. We're about restoration, wild mods,and everything in between as long as the cars are on the road and getting some love. I,like everyone else,don't know every detail of this either,BUT,I've been here and been involved long enough to say with confidence that there's no animosity at all,just a disagreement with rules and the way things operate. As Chuck said,if there's a problem,the mods are a PM away. All it takes is communication,and the willingness to accept that we can't always have what we want. It's really a lot to do about nothing..
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #50
Ok, time to chime in.

I, personally, revoked Watchdevil's deleting privilege, and I did so as a form of damage control. He started deleting posts willy-nilly with no reason given. If you're gonna take your toys and go home, at least give a reason. Such as I'm doing right here: I wanted to prevent him deleting any more posts and thus doing more damage to our (not his) forum. The fact that he noticed his deleting privileges were revoked before even replying to Chuck proves I did the right thing.

And for the record, deleting/editing posts is the only privelige I took from him. And since it seems that editing/deleting his posts was the only partition in these forums he's been doing lately, his partition is no longer welcome.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #51
I suppose that sums it all up.

Reply #52
Well, this kind of sucks. This was quite a unique car that I would have loved to see finished.
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Reply #53
I'm going to have to agree with the suckage.  Methinks a little bit less buttstuff retentiveness would have done some good in this situation.
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

Reply #54
It doesn't matter he hasn't logged in since the day he posted that. He's really gone for good.
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #55
, I was in the process of buying parts from him and now I have no way to contact him. I was wondering why he never signed back on.. With he posted his email on his profile... We should make it a requirement that the email your notifications are sent to can be seen by members.

Reply #56
You know,....this is the wrong thread for this,but,I will say,in addition to State and town requirements,I do believe that a phone number and email should be required as well if you are going to sell parts.

Reply #57
Google "Watchdevil ford" .  You'll find the other forums he's on.

FWIW, I'm planning on instituting some additional rules for the Classified sections.

http://forums.themustangsource.com/members/watchdevil-105625/
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #58
Additional rules are fine for selling. If you're not doing anything wrong,you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

As far as watching Watchdevil's progress. I guess I'll never see it. I like the guy. Seems nice and I was very interested in his build,,but if he wants us to see it,I figure he'll be back. I'm not chasing people around that left to  read the end of the story.

Reply #59
Quote from: vinnietbird;345609
You know,....this is the wrong thread for this,but,I will say,in addition to State and town requirements,I do believe that a phone number and email should be required as well if you are going to sell parts.

x2