Skip to main content
Topic: Watchdevil's New Restomod Thread *Update 12-2-10* (Read 7288 times) previous topic - next topic

Watchdevil's New Restomod Thread *Update 12-2-10*

Condensed and to the point...

Condition I found it in at my parents house. They gave me the car to get it out of the driveway. My stepmother was the original owner.

X X X

Reply #1
every one of those give me this " Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator "
I'm the forum asshole, put on your big boy pants and deal with it.  :flip:

Reply #2
After being towed 200 miles to my home. Interior was cleaned. Seats turned out good but the carpet had to go, along with the entire saltine cracker dash assembly.

X X X

Reply #3
Gutted interior before and after sanding and painting all the rusty parts black. Initial assembly of SN-97 Mustang instrument panel swap.

X X X

Reply #4
Initial use of amber halo clear halogen sealed beam headlamps. SN-97 dash assembly complete. I tried a digital instrument cluster but abandoned it later for a SN-97 cluster.

X X X

Reply #5
SN-97 Mustang dash installed. Tried a 1986 Cougar nose for a short while.

X X X

Reply #6
Switched to the 1987-88 Thunderbird LX aero nose.

XXX

Reply #7
Installed a set of 85-86 taillamps and modified the back up lamps and lower trim with toureador red metallic paint. Headlamps modified to accept amber bulbs that light up with parking lamps.

X X X

Reply #8
Phase II of dash modifications. Entire dash and console is painted black and SN-97 Mustang instrument cluster is installed and fully functional. Auto shifter now moved to the console using a Lincoln Mark VII auto shifter assembly. Dash trim pieces painted silver for contrast to give off the effect of early classic 1958-63 Thunderbird themes. Chrome rings add bling around the gauge faces.

X X X

Reply #9
I guess I missed the fact that you put a aero-nose on a 83-86 car.  That dash swap came out pretty nice.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #10
Early Taurus multi-function switch and 1989 T-bird steering column trim makes a perfect match for completing the look used with the newer SN-97 Mustang dash.

X X

Reply #11
Explorer overhead roof console installed features compass and temp display. An auto dimming rear view mirror is now in place along with sunvisors with lighted mirrors. The radio trim panel was replaced with a double-din type and new style Ford audio system.

X X  X

Reply #12
Initial restoration of interior door panels with new black vinyl and contrasting silver armrests and door pulls.

X X

Reply #13
:bowdown: WIN !
I'm the forum asshole, put on your big boy pants and deal with it.  :flip:

Reply #14
Thanks! Yep easy swap to the Aero nose. I have commenced on some mechanical repairs. I am dealing with three codes: 13 No Pip, 18 no tach signal and 63 Throttle Position Sensor. Currently working on the distributor and just replaced the thermostat and TPS.