Skip to main content
Topic: SOLD 1988 Thunderbird Sport SOLD (Read 1845 times) previous topic - next topic

SOLD 1988 Thunderbird Sport SOLD

SOLD - Thanks everyone

Well as much as I don't want to it's time to sell my TBird. The good news is the wife is due in March, the bad news is I don't want to deal with having to load two car seats in the back, etc, and having 3 vehicles is not an option right now. So up for sale it goes. I looked for quite awhile for this car, since I wanted a rust free Sport with just about every option I could get.

I picked this car up about two years ago from southern Arizona. I've got the original window sticker, and the 1988 Thunderbird brochure. Since I bought it I haven't done very much to it, just a new windshield, sequential tail lights, 3G alternator upgrade with Taurus fan (done correctly with 70 amp relays etc.) I kept the original parts if you would like to put it back to stock. I've done a throttle body cleaning, fuel injector service, spark plug change and it passed emissions easily. I also have some extra parts, like another buttstuffog dash, digital dash, automatic temp controller, just stuff I found at the local yard that looked nice & thought I may one day need or experiment with. Also have a 3:73 ring gear & pinion with a new install kit for a 8.8 rear axle along with a set of twin piston caliper 5 lug complete spindle setups for the front. I'm sure there's more.

The car runs great and has nice cold A/C. For the bad, the dash is cracked, the cruise control isn't working but I haven't really looked at it yet other than to know it is hooked up in the left fender well, and the previous owner repainted the roof, it looks okay but at times under certain light you can tell it isn't a perfect color match. Also I have a B&M shifter that was installed, but I put a factory shifter back in it, but am missing the factory cable bracket down on the tranny so I'm using the B&M cable so the gear indicator doesn't line up.

The car has 140K miles and is located in Salt Lake City asking $2100. Please feel free to ask or PM any questions, Thanks, Scott

Any questions please call 801-230-9417

Underneath

Inside

Underhood

Window Sticker

Reply #1
Wow, that's nice. If I could get that kind of money that fast, I know where I'd be going for my mini-vacation next week.

If you have that car for sale in February, I'll be needing you to pick me up at the airport to meet my new car, lol.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #2
Wow, the undercarriage is so beautiful. Congrats, and glws.
2002 Honda Civic EX

1984 Ford Thunderbird Elan
5.0 CFI, T5, Dual Exhaust

Reply #3
Nice !
GLWS
Alan Mackin--Semi Professional Ford der
83 T-Bird 460
83 T-Bird Heritage 5.0
84 T-Bird 5.0
86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe NHRA Stocker & Super Stocker
87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe
88 Bronco II Drag truck 302
95 Mustang GT auto
2004 F-350 CC Dually V-10

Reply #4
Very Nice!  I see on the window sticker that it has quad-shock and traction lock rear end.  Is it an 8.8 or 7.5?

Reply #5
Also have a 3:73 ring gear & pinion with a new install kit for a 8.8 rear axle along

I'd say and educated guess would warrant an 8.8 lol
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Reply #6
wow, that´s really nice and clean!

Reply #7
No sadly it is the 7.5 rear end. I had the gears left over from a 88 Mustang project that I wisely sold to finance this car :D

Reply #8
I stand corrected :dunce:
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Reply #9
Wow according to the sticker the 88 Sport came standard with traction loc  .... I never knew that ,.......... or was it a no cost option like the 308 ratio in the Mustang ?
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #10
Just like the "sportier"(then the LS) XR-7 in the same year.
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Reply #11
.....Very nice.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #12
If anyone wants to buy this, I live in the salt lake area, and I can store it for a while if you want to fly down and drive it back.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #13
I'm half tempted to buy your car and swap in my drivetrain and suspension.....
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #14
I'm half tempted to buy your car and swap in my drivetrain and suspension.....

That would be great. Like most of us I had not big plans but some good solid updates in mind, you know like stroker motor, T5 (maybe), 8.8 rear with some suspension mods, and probably a set of those 17" Pony R wheels. But if you guys saw my student loan bill you'd faint.... I know I do each month :shoothead + a 3 year old and one on the way just not a good time.