Skip to main content
Topic: SOLD 1988 Thunderbird Sport SOLD (Read 1849 times) previous topic - next topic

SOLD 1988 Thunderbird Sport SOLD

Reply #15
Why are all the deals far away?

Reply #16
Just buy it, I'll store it at my dads for a while, then you can fly down and drive it back. I'll even put you up for the night and feed you dinner.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #17
I'll try to get some time to start troubleshooting the cruise control, so if someone chooses to fly in and drive it back it'll be a little easier drive. As a bonus after this coming weekend you should stay a day or two extra and enjoy some world class skiing or snowboarding (It's not called the greatest snow on Earth for nothing!) - I'll even buy you a lift ticket. Or with Haystack's offer you could come in the spring for skiing + drive down to the Moab area to visit Arches National Park. See you can tell the other half your taking her on vacation and "oh by the way I've got to pick up this car" :D

Reply #18
You make it pretty hard to not want to plan a vacation in the Spring lol...

I mean what I say...if you still have it by then, I'll pay you a visit.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #19
Its the twin to my silver sportcoupe!!! And yes mine had a factory trac-loc 7.5 with 2.73 gears. Probably standard option in sport. Ohh only if i had the money!!!
1987 T-bird SportCoupe,302,5spd,8.8,3.27s,pbr brakes,spindles,2003 rear,18inch 06 gt rims!!!!:evilgrin:
2006 Gt Mustang,3v,5spd,8.8,3.55s,GT500rims.
1990 T-bird LX,3.8,aod,loaded,stock!!
1999 Trailblazer(wifes rig)

Reply #20
I already bought this car many times over (in my day dreams), the clean turbo coupe near me for parts and a new 5.0 coyote motor and KB for it along with the usual suspension and brake mods. It was magical. Well, I promise if i stroke 20K on a scratch ticket or hit the loto I'll buy this car. lol. Only think it's missing is the moon roof.

Just do me a solid and hang on it until then.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #21
I'd like to get this sold before the new year so to help that I'm lowering the price to $1800. I'd like to sell this to a fellow enthusiast, so I'll wait a bit before posting a lower price on my local forums.

Any questions, I edited my first post & put the lower $ and my phone # in that post. Thanks

Reply #22
I still keep thinking... Utah is a hell of a way away from Massachusetts... I'm realizing I probably need a new car, and should probably get another rust free one, and use mine for parts as I need to... Why is everything in the east coast a pile of !?

Reply #23
this isnt a bad price at all, I'd love it for a DD but couldnt pull myself to subject that perfect undercarridge to our salty climate here in ohio :(

(trust me, a trip out west wouldnt bother me one bit ;)  )

Hope it goes to someone who will take care of it.
1988 T-Bird LX- Awaiting HO build, Monster "Eat My Shift" AOD rated 550Hp. BBK ceramic shorties, Jegs mustang (catless) H-Pipe. mustang catback modified axle back for tbird, 94 17" Cobra wheels, 98 'Stang GT 8.8 Traction-lock

Reply #24
Quote from: jpc647;345018
I still keep thinking... Utah is a hell of a way away from Massachusetts... I'm realizing I probably need a new car, and should probably get another rust free one, and use mine for parts as I need to... Why is everything in the east coast a pile of !?

Spend $800 to have the car shipped to you and you're still way ahead on what it would cost to fix a rusbucket.
1990 Mark VII LSC
1990 Mark VII LSC SE
1969 Cougar 351W

Reply #25
Quote from: Davemutt;345095
Spend $800 to have the car shipped to you and you're still way ahead on what it would cost to fix a rusbucket.

Ehh...I dunno, I'm still funny about buying a car site un-seen. I wish he was closer, we would definitely make a deal.

Reply #26
You won't find one like that around here dude. Probably not within 500 miles either. If you wan't it and have the cash imho, that one is a no-brainer. I'd rather not see it being used as a DD anywhere near here. It will look like all the others after a couple winters. Wish i could grab it and hang on to it to do something with.

If your looking for a local car take a look at the one on CL near me. Turbo coupe 850 bucks hasn't run in 8 years. Hell, i was probably the last person to drive it. Perfect for a quick 5.0 HO swap and its clean inside and out. I can go scope it out if need be. It's less than 10 minutes away from me.

Sorry for the hijack. Also, I'm jealous to whomever snags it.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #27
Quote from: shame302;345185
Wish i could grab it and hang on to it to do something with..

Why!? It's not like these cars are highly sought after, or desirable, no real reason not to drive it.

Quote from: shame302;345185
If your looking for a local car take a look at the one on CL near me. Turbo coupe 850 bucks hasn't run in 8 years. Hell, i was probably the last person to drive it. Perfect for a quick 5.0 HO swap and its clean inside and out. I can go scope it out if need be. It's less than 10 minutes away from me.

I'm not too interested in doing another motor swap, trying to track down the needed parts and so forth is not something I have the time to do with school, and my Co-op starting. I agree with you, the car does look like a very nice car, but it's not impossible to find one local. When I bought my 87 Turbo Coupe two years ago, it was rust free with 12x,xxx miles on it. TC's in my opinion are just too finacky, and a lot of the stuff is so obsolete, you have to buy used, or spend all outdoors. I sorta do have the money to spend on a new car, I've been saving for a while, not sure what to do. If he was in a state which touches Massachusetts, I would be all over it, maybe even ohio, but I just don't want to deal with shipping a car. It'd rather fly out and drive it home, but I don't have 6 consecutive days to do that.

Reply #28
WOW, that is fantastic.

I paid not too much less than that for mine, and it needed a bunch of work, and has horrid paint, and a few dents.

Good luck, I also really hopes it goes to someone who is really into fox bodies, not just someone looking for a cheap car.
87 Thunderbird LX
65mm tb, exploder intake, iron gt40 heads, 1.6 rr, a9l mass air swap, 9.5" Billet Dirty Dog TC, Built AOD, 4.10's, 31 spline TLoc, Superior Axles, full sn95 five lug swap.

Reply #29
did you ever sell the car?