Skip to main content
Topic: new to site (Read 1618 times) previous topic - next topic

new to site

Hey guys im new to the site. I live in evansville, indiana and just recently purchased a 1984 mercury cougar LS for 850. Its white all original with only 126,000 miles on car and motor. I couldn't pass it up since I also own a 1990 lincoln mark vii lsc. Both have  the 5.0, but the mark vii has the HO. While the lincoln is tweaked a little the cougar is bone stock. Any ideas on both would be greatful. Got plans to buy the thunderbird next hopefully for my fiance. Who likes to cougar but not the lincoln.

new to site

Reply #2
Welcome to the board! :D

:ttiwwp:

Just kidding........ sorta. :D
...and there was light!

new to site

Reply #3
Welcome aboard!

It's easy enough to swap in an HO, just need the engine, engine harness, and an EEC to control the electronics.

There's a lot of info over on Coolcats.net...a lot of stuff beyond just engine swapping. ;)

We need pics, or cookies.....or both! lol
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

new to site

Reply #4
Welcome from California
1985 T'Bird 5.0
1987 Cougar 3.8
1992 T'bird Sport 5.0 HO

new to site

Reply #5
Welcome !!:D
Fox-less at the moment

new to site

Reply #6
Hola.

Thunderbird! good choice.
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

new to site

Reply #7
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;336925
We need pics, or cookies.....or both! lol

COOKIES!!! :giggle:

welcome to the site

new to site

Reply #8
Welcome aboard !!! Always good to have new people around. Someone new for everyone to pick on.LOL. Pics are needed.It's an unwritten rule here.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

new to site

Reply #9
Welcome from about 2 hrs North of you.  I think you will find that this is the only forum you will need.  Stick around, there is a lot to be learned around here.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

new to site

Reply #10
Well guys got problems it won't let me upload the pics since we don't have a computer. I've got bout ten pics total but it won't let me upload them. For those close to evansville come to the fazoli's west side cruis'in. Both the cars will be there

new to site

Reply #12
Dude, that car looks like it'd be a great project to "finish" restoring, considering it's not bad looking as is :headbang:
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with 'em

Thanks

Reply #13
Big thanks to MERCURY-MAN for uploadin the great pix of my 1984 cougar....its a start but a winner in progress

new to site

Reply #14
Nice!
-'88 Tbird 3.8
-2012 Altima 2.5 BASE. 
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Future: Budget 5.0 300 HP.