Skip to main content
Topic: Interior Restoration (Read 33626 times) previous topic - next topic

Interior Restoration

Reply #120
Awesome great plane!!  May I ask, did you fab the roll cage? It's something Id like to add to the Sport.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Interior Restoration

Reply #121
The cage is from Jegs.  Cant remember the part number offhand.  You do have to trim/cut the ends of the poles, but the hoop is already bent.

Interior Restoration

Reply #122
good lord, it's amazing how fast time goes by.  I got a new starter panel and rearranged the console.  I am going to make a template to go behind the plastic piece to frame in all the gaps.  I also got my 5pt harnesses installed.  I need to get a battery and start making sure everything works, then I decided to go for a autometer gauge cluster to replace the stock cluster.  I remember someone on here made them....does anyone have that link?

Interior Restoration

Reply #123
Just ordered a whole maximum motorsports front suspension kit....man am I stoked.  Coil overs, tube k member wooohooo.  Thx to Aerocoupe for the hookup.  I will do a pic by pic install.

Interior Restoration

Reply #124
Looks good! Sounds like a nice suspension package, too. Keep plugging, man!

Interior Restoration

Reply #125
Here is stage one.  Just found out I am going overseas in 3 weeks for at least a year, so I gotta complete the front suspension just so I can roll it onto a wrecker and get it to storage.  .

Interior Restoration

Reply #126
Here is the front installed, everything is "loose".  I temped everything in just so I can roll it onto a flatbed and into storage. Gonna be sad.....

Interior Restoration

Reply #127
That is a sweet ride, hope to see it on the road when you get back. Be safe buddy.

Interior Restoration

Reply #128
Very nice set up!!

Interior Restoration

Reply #129
Ya, nice looking setup. Take care over there. Thanks for your service.

Interior Restoration

Reply #130
Cool thx.  it was a bit heartbraking rolling it into storage for God knows how long.  Cool thing is, when I come back, I will be able to finish the whole car in one go.  I MAY, even have enough to do a nice crate motor and a 6 speed.  I am right acroos the street from the AbuDhabi F1 racetrack at the moment.  For $400 I can have a track day with an Aston Martin GT4 racecar, which I shall do soon!

Interior Restoration

Reply #131
Great thread! I just read it from the start and your build is looking good. I have a six point bar in my 88 vert and it is no problem getting in or out, just go in butt first and you always get great views of your lady trying to get into the passenger seat! I am looking for a cage for my 85 TC and will check out jegs, thanks for all the pics and info posted. I would go for that deal on the Aston Martin, bet it would be a blast.
1985 Turbo Coupe
1988 Thunderbird Sport
1996 F150

Interior Restoration

Reply #132
Just ordered the rear MM suspension.  I have a friend helping me with welding.  I will do as detailed a writeup as I can.  This will include k member setup, 4x coilover setup and torque arm/panhard bar weld in.  Finally going forward!

Interior Restoration

Reply #133
did you just carpet of the little fender well spots that were left on each side of the delete panel you built?

Interior Restoration

Reply #134
Hi 83....  Yes, the little patches were covered, and it has some hidden blue led strip lights that come on when the doors are open.  I am working on the suspension at the moment but that ed thing called life keeps gettting in the way.